Windows 10: Where are the photos tags?

Discus and support Where are the photos tags? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, did Microsoft screw me? AGAIN! I used to really like the automatic tagging of photos. I don't remember if it was on OneDrive but I think it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkTiede, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Where are the photos tags?

Ok, did Microsoft screw me? AGAIN!

I used to really like the automatic tagging of photos. I don't remember if it was on OneDrive but I think it was or in the Photos desktop app or both, but I don't see it anywhere any more.

I used to use that to quickly find some stuff without having to go add individual tags to every one of the 32,000+ photos.

I'm guessing that feature went the way of my Microsoft store, the Band, my Windows Phone, my Xbox Kinect, using Silverlight, Insteon device support, Glas thermostat, etc.

Please someone tell me I'm being paranoid and they just did another "hide the cheese" and moved it somewhere I haven't found.

:)

MarkTiede, Jun 29, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Where are the photos tags? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Where are the photos tags?

where is resize option before sending an email with a photo,????

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Which email are you referring to email app or email client server?
    • Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Attach photo in a mail.
    • Left click on a photo.
    • You will get a resize option, you can drag & resize photo.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Where are the photos tags?

1. Where are the photos tags? - Similar Threads - Where are photos

2. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  3. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  4. Face tags in Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face tags in Photos: I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct the many wrong...
  5. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  6. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I note most of the comments around this topic do not give a resolution - they are around 12 months old - has Windows not yet addressed this? Still can't tag people faces by name and search for just pictures with them in it?...
  7. Photo Tagging

Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  8. Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged

Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged: I've been using photo gallery to tag and organize photos and videos successfully for some time now. Unfortunately, now after tagging it still sorts everything as "Not tagged" instead of organizing by their correct tagging. Is this a bug?...
  9. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  10. Metadata & Tags in photos

Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...