Windows 10: Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

Discus and support Where are the settings for waking up my laptop? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. When my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is with the power button. Is there a setting to wake it up with my mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JoniShepherd1, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

I have Windows 10. When my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is with the power button. Is there a setting to wake it up with my mouse or hitting keys?

:)

JoniShepherd1, Jun 3, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Laptop does not wake from sleep

We appreciate your response. Since the troubleshooting steps above hasn't resolved your concern, what we suggest next is check the settings of your mouse and keyboard on the Control Panel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start Menu and open Device Manager.
    • Locate Keyboard and Mice and other Pointing devices. Double click to expand the same.
    • Right click on the drivers mentioned under the two respective devices and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the Power Management tab and check the box
      Allow this device to wake this PC.
    • Click on Apply and then OK. Reboot the PC and check.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

1. Where are the settings for waking up my laptop? - Similar Threads - Where are settings

2. Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up: Hi, The screen on my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook U904 suddenly turned black when I took it off the docking. For a while, I could use an extern display to see the screen of the laptop. I tried to find out of it searching around on the internet and came over advice to go into the...
  3. external devices wake up my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    external devices wake up my laptop: My laptop wake up every day at 3:00 a.m , although i have set it up the windows’10 maintentance at 9:00 p.m.So I found out that occurs to the connecting external devices.WD my passport and usb stick of my mouce.I noticed that the problem...
  4. my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode: I use windows 10 and my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/e0dc48ea-e7df-4ef1-b66d-d94b10cd7d67
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...
  6. Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep: Novice- talk slow to me please I have turned off all sleep options- and that may solve the problem In my case it may have been an easier resolve if i could figure out where to change monitor setting to VGA I would attempt to wake up CPU shake mouse enter on...
  7. 2 tries to wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    2 tries to wake up laptop: After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep. It wakes fine but then goes back to sleep almost immediately. On the second attempt it wakes properly and stays awake. Video attached - apologies...
  8. Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan": I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this device to wake the computer" is grayed out. Also I'm sure that I'm the one who disabled that feature in a previous build,...
  9. Wake Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake Up: How do I wake up Windows 10 if it goes into Hibernate or sleep after a period of in activity*Zip 41209
  10. Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop: I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me 41520