Windows 10: Where are the thumbnail informations saved

Discus and support Where are the thumbnail informations saved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Insider previews installations sometime (but not always) get rid of the many thousand thumbnails of my files. If I knew where the thumbnails are kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HunkyDork, Dec 21, 2018.

1. HunkyDork Win User

Where are the thumbnail informations saved

Insider previews installations sometime (but not always) get rid of the many thousand thumbnails of my files. If I knew where the thumbnails are kept maybe I could copy those and reinstall them later

:)

HunkyDork, Dec 21, 2018

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2018
  3. "save thumbnails" ala Media Player Classic, but automatic?

I have a feeling no one can tell what I'm trying to say.

Here's the screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Where are the thumbnail informations saved qx17hu.jpg

It's when you open video, and go to file and then Save Thumbnails.

Ignore the russian, family computer.

That's what I'm looking for, something that would go through a list of videos and save the thumbnails automatically.
    Or am I stuck adding them to the playlist and going through each one, one by one?

any sort insight into this would be GREATLY appreciated.

speedy11131, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Where are the thumbnail informations saved

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Where are the thumbnail informations saved

1. Where are the thumbnail informations saved - Similar Threads - Where are thumbnail

2. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  3. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  4. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Where are the Battery Statistics saved ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Battery Statistics saved ??: Where are the Battery Statistics saved ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-battery-statistics-saved/4007d0d9-1ac6-43aa-a2c5-c56800ae8153
  6. where are the screen shots saved?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    where are the screen shots saved?: recently I realised that you can use the key combo WinKey+shift+S to take a screenshot however, I can find where its stored. Ive tryed looking it upbut its just lead me to dead ends. I think its saposed to be saved in the screenshots folder. but it doesnt show up, and it only...
  7. Where are screenshots saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are screenshots saved?: I know that I should press PrtSc to save a screenshot. But when I click on it, nothing happens. They might be saved somewhere or not.I don’t know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-screenshots-saved/6ed62a9d-ffdb-4ae4-893f-3605370194b8"
  8. Saving files on OneDrive deletes thumbnails

Saving files on OneDrive deletes thumbnails: Good day, I use a 3D modelling software called Revit, which creates a preview thumbnail of the current view when you save, which can then be viewed from Windows Explorer so that you have a preview of the model file before opening it: [ATTACH] However, when I save these...
  9. change where content is saved

change where content is saved: I install a second hard drive that is recognize be the system, but under "change where content is saved" does not give me the option to choose this drive that is listed as D:. Is formatted as NTFS If I plug an external hard drive I will get the option to saved in it...
  10. Saving thumbnail in Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving thumbnail in Excel: When I save a workbook in Excel 2016 it will save, as a thumbnail, the thumbnail of the first workbook I created so if I have a lot of workbooks with different dates in he first column all workbooks will save with the date of the first workbook saved showing. If I save the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are the saved thumbnails