Windows 10: Where are the video projects stored?

Discus and support Where are the video projects stored? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Making a video project, and it appears as if the files for that is not that easy to be found on the hard-drive. I want to exchange the actual projects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Per Feldvoss Olsen, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Where are the video projects stored?

Making a video project, and it appears as if the files for that is not that easy to be found on the hard-drive. I want to exchange the actual projects with others, but two things seems to be off....

1. I can not locate the project file on the hard-drive. - Really want to get the actual project file.
    2. When looking for this, it looks like the program is making an extra copy of the video files?

I want send share the project files, and videos as-is, but it seems that I can't do that?

Further more it looks like there is a loos of HD space as all the video files are duplicated?

:)

Per Feldvoss Olsen, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Norton Win User
    Crunchers Helping Crunchers : The New Project

Suggestion: If we do the build those that contribute all get put "in the hat" and someone gets picked for a nice treat.

I'm thinking a video card, psu, or something like that *Smile Where are the video projects stored? :)

What do you think????

***EDIT- added a suggestion list for the Thank You prize ***

Cruncher's Helping Crunchers Project Thank You suggestions:
    - Video card
    - PSU
    - Gift card (area specific)
    - Water cooling setup

Norton, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Rosyboys Win User

Where are the video projects stored?

Where are Project files stored in Microsoft Photos App

Hi Shafeeq,

Thank you for your help thus far.

I have used steps 1 to 3 before and knew where the MP4 files was located. I actually though that this file was simply the Video and there would be another project file which I wanted duplicate and then rename.

I did rename the file I just created but when you view it in Photos as a project it retains the original Project name. How can I rename this project?

I want to use most of the original photos but reduce the number to shorten the video.

Await your reply.

Rosyboys, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Where are the video projects stored?

1. Where are the video projects stored? - Similar Threads - Where are video

2. where do unfinished video projects reside?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do unfinished video projects reside?: My Windows 10 Surface died and I bought a new Surface with Windows 11. I read that I needed to download Legacy Photos in order to work on y Windows 10 video projects.How do I find them?I searched for 1 whose name I remembered and it came up but without a file location. Where...
  3. where do unfinished video projects reside?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do unfinished video projects reside?: My Windows 10 Surface died and I bought a new Surface with Windows 11. I read that I needed to download Legacy Photos in order to work on y Windows 10 video projects.How do I find them?I searched for 1 whose name I remembered and it came up but without a file location. Where...
  4. Video Project Files

Video Project Files: I really like the video editor that comes with the built in photos app on windows 10. I've made quite a lot of stuff with it but I've realized it keeps a copy of every file I use for projects Videos and pictures. I keeps them in a folder called Video Projects under pictures...
  5. Where does the Photos App store Video Projects

Where does the Photos App store Video Projects: I am trying to get information from a Video project, specifically, where the photos used in it are located. When I create a project, it is clearly saving a lot of information, if only as a json or xml file. Where is it?...
  6. Where can I find video editor projects?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find video editor projects?: My coworker made some videos in his laptop instead of the company computers and I need to access the projects. Where can I find the route of the projects? I did some research and I can't find any answers. Is there any way to pass the projects from one computer to another?...
  7. Video Project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Project: I did a reset of windows keeping all files, but I've lost all my "videos in process" from the Photo app. Is there any way to retrieve these? I thought the reset kept all files....
  8. Video Project

Video Project: I uploaded photos to Video Project but can't get the photos back. How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project/83663d69-2279-4afb-971c-d6825a9493e3
  9. Why doesn’t it show where my video project is stored in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why doesn’t it show where my video project is stored in photos: Exported both small and medium project and it provides a counter showing percent complete, gets ro 100% but doesn show where project is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-show-where-my-video-project-is/e35e8d88-8730-43ac-9d62-cde2ca86ee7f"
  10. video project

video project: I created a video with a song and had it almost done, now the pictures are missing, in its place it says "we can not find this file". Not sure why they disappeared in the first place. Very frustrating. Also I tried to add a second song and couldn't?...