Windows 10: where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system

Discus and support where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert PeterCoffin, Mar 29, 2021.

1. where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system

where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system

:)

Robert PeterCoffin, Mar 29, 2021

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Mar 29, 2021
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 29, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system [​IMG]

mrgeek, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system - Similar Threads - where are videos

2. Where are my pictures and videos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my pictures and videos?: Hello all,Thanks to the community, it seems I have been able to import all of my pictures and videos from my Samsung cell phone to the computer, using the "Import pictures and videos" option. My meaning by "seems" is that the process did not show any special errors, it just...
  3. Where are my pictures and videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my pictures and videos?: Hello all,Thanks to the community, it seems I have been able to import all of my pictures and videos from my Samsung cell phone to the computer, using the "Import pictures and videos" option. My meaning by "seems" is that the process did not show any special errors, it just...
  4. Where are my pictures and videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you storing the GPS picture/ video location when taking pictures/ videos in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you storing the GPS picture/ video location when taking pictures/ videos in Windows...: When importing pictures/ video in the Photos app in Windows 10 is there an option to also collect the attribute of where the picture/ video was taken?When using an iPhone when taking a photo it stores the picture/ video location on the iPhone with a meaningful location name....
  6. Where are personalized LockScreen pictures located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are personalized LockScreen pictures located?: I recently read an article from Microsoft explaining where are THEIR default Lock Screen pictures located a folder named Assets I believe. Apart from the fact that in that folder there were no wallpapers but game thumbnails, I couldn't find MY custom/personalized pictures....
  7. 0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video: It look like the camera app of win 10 can function but when I press the button to take picture or record video it will show cant save with 0xA00F424 error. So, any solution to solve this?...
  8. System video camera

System video camera: my system video camera does not work, it was before but now it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-video-camera/a40d5d87-523f-448c-b26a-d00f5a232c83
  9. Where are the Background pictures located?

Where are the Background pictures located?: I went to settings / personalization / background and browsed to change my background picture to one that I had on my hard drive. I was not satisfied so I went back to settings / personalization / background. The original picture that I wanted, was no longer there. [img]...
  10. Where are the lock screen pictures located?

Where are the lock screen pictures located?: So I want to see all of the lockscreen pictures for Windows 10 but can't find them. Any ideas? 15427