Windows 10: Where are the Windows 10 home firewall logs?

Discus and support Where are the Windows 10 home firewall logs? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all: For Windows 10 Home OS, where are the Windows 10 home firewall logs please? There is no firewall.log at the root of c:\windows\system32.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NM_2020, Apr 14, 2020.

1. NM_2020 Win User

Where are the Windows 10 home firewall logs?

Hi all: For Windows 10 Home OS, where are the Windows 10 home firewall logs please? There is no firewall.log at the root of c:\windows\system32.

None of these directories have a firewall folder or firewall.log:
    C:\Windows\Logs directory
    C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles

Thank you!

:)

NM_2020, Apr 14, 2020

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Where are the Windows 10 home firewall logs? - Similar Threads - Where are home

2. log in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in Windows 10 Home: I want to get rid of a second login-account that I by mistake created, and now I have no idea where I did that some weeks ago.But I am tired now of having to switch to my real account with the correct password every time I start my computer for logging in to Windows 10.How...
  3. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  4. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  5. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  7. Windows 10 Firewall logging

Windows 10 Firewall logging: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  8. Windows firewall not logging packets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall not logging packets: I need to troubleshoot firewall but it doesn't generate logs. I use firewall policy from local group policy and logging is enabled there. things I tried so far: change log file path to E:/logs/firewall_log.txt create file manually 120065
  9. Windows Defender Security: Where are AV and Firewall logs for this in Windows 10?

Windows Defender Security: Where are AV and Firewall logs for this in Windows 10?: Hello: I'm trying to locate logs of notifications I've received from Windows Defender Security Center on my Windows 10 desktop PC Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-where-are-av-and/d76933e0-6e1a-49b6-9385-d4d39e33e9a2
  10. windows firewall logging

windows firewall logging: hello how can i create a new log file, this is what happens when its cleaned ffs, all my log files deleted!, my firewalls blocked the log me in rescue too...