Windows 10: Where are user settings stored in Windows 10?

Discus and support Where are user settings stored in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When a user sets settings in the Settings app on Windows 10, where are they stored on the system? Can a folder be copied over to a fresh Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrewx3n, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Andrewx3n Win User

Where are user settings stored in Windows 10?

When a user sets settings in the Settings app on Windows 10, where are they stored on the system? Can a folder be copied over to a fresh Windows 10 installation to restore them?

:)

Andrewx3n, Oct 24, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Where are user settings stored in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Where are user

2. where are / is 'settings' in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where are / is 'settings' in windows 10: Where are the settngs in windows 10, i did have a short cut on desktop but deleted it by mistake, and can't get it back, no I don't want one on the start or taskbar .Richard....
  3. where are / is 'settings' in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where are / is 'settings' in windows 10: Where are the settngs in windows 10, i did have a short cut on desktop but deleted it by mistake, and can't get it back, no I don't want one on the start or taskbar .Richard....
  4. Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the default user set and how it can be changed permanently? - Windows 10 and...: How do I change this permanently?- Every new windows installation that I use my Microsoft Account with, the default user is preset to "marlo"...
  5. Windows 10 User Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 User Settings: Hi - I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When my friend set her new laptop up W 10 she didn't realise she was setting her profile up as a "one drive" account so all her settings and documents are on one drive. We have successfully unlinked from one drive...
  6. Where is Windows 10 stored on the computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is Windows 10 stored on the computer?: What file is used to run Windows 10 when it first starts up? It's an program, so there must be some file that executes it. submitted by /u/Sheridan_Cain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5055j/where_is_windows_10_stored_on_the_computer/
  7. Where is the user password hint stored?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where is the user password hint stored?: Hey. When trying to log to some user in windows and submiting a wrong password, then windows shows you the hint that was set for this user. I wonder if there is any way to access this data from the file system or maybe in any registry key. Thanks...
  8. Where can i find and download a set of basic user guides for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can i find and download a set of basic user guides for Windows 10?: Where can i find and download a set of basic user guides for Windows 10? So i can find answers myself . E.g. when I do someting i can not see the desktop. I have to minimise open windows until everything is minimized. here is the I would like to have some quick way to...
  9. Where stores windows 10 the user info inside the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where stores windows 10 the user info inside the registry: Hello: I am new in this forum and I want to resolve one problem. I have some apps (games) that save some files (save games) inside my documents dir (others in appdata or in C:\programdata). All that I want is change this path to inside game dir and with an app packer software...
  10. setting up User to store on HDD with Windows on SSD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    setting up User to store on HDD with Windows on SSD: I have installed 10 and Office suite on my SSD (drive C). I have a clean fomatted HDD (A) that I want to store User media files (documents, pictures, videos, music, Outlook PST) files on. I have named my PC "Main". I would like that to be the hidden Administrator account and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are windows settings stored

2. windows 10 settings stored

3. where are windows 10 local profiles stored

4. where are windows settings stored?,
  5. windows 10 where all user settings are stored,
  6. windows 10 where are theme settings stored?,
  7. win 10 where are webcam settings stored,
  8. windows where are user settings stored,
  9. where stored user settings,
  10. where is user account stored windows