Windows 10: Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC?

Discus and support Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RetailPleb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ei95k3/where_are_windows_10_icons_stored_on_my_pc/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RetailPleb, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC?

/u/RetailPleb, Dec 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC?

1. Where are Windows 10 icons stored on my PC? - Similar Threads - Where are icons

2. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?: I've recently installed Windows 11 & moved some of the User folders to another drive. In doing so, the icons for some of the folders have changed & I would like to change them back to their default icons. I am able to find some of the new icons in the traditional locations,...
  6. Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?: I've recently installed Windows 11 & moved some of the User folders to another drive. In doing so, the icons for some of the folders have changed & I would like to change them back to their default icons. I am able to find some of the new icons in the traditional locations,...
  7. where are the Windows 10 system icons stored?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where are the Windows 10 system icons stored?: Hi! I need to embed the Windows 10 system icons in the training materials I am writing. These are QA test scripts for system VV&Q. "Step 6.1 Click on Start icon here select..." Thanks! Thomas...
  8. where is my music stored on this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is my music stored on this pc: where is my music stored on this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-music-stored-on-this-pc/8a2c53b3-1ec9-4d28-ad7a-a1c51e70dc96"
  9. Where are icons stored in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are icons stored in Windows 10 Home?: I have several icons that I would like to store in my icon cache instead of in a separate folder. I unchecked "Don't show hidden folders" and "Hide protected operating system files and folders" but I still can't find them. When I try to change an icon, the address in the...
  10. Where are my icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my icons?: I just turned on my laptop, I wanted to open an app that I have on the desktop, but are not icons, I only see my screen, where are my icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-icons/da58f061-23bf-4bb4-bb23-99e3f5663823

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are my icons stored windows 10

2. where is explorer icons stored win 10