Windows 10: Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Discus and support Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to find out the cost (in British Pounds) how much it is to buy an upgrade to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro, the microsoft store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cdub74, Nov 9, 2018.

1. cdub74 Win User

Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

I am trying to find out the cost (in British Pounds) how much it is to buy an upgrade to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro, the microsoft store only seems to sell the Full version for £219.99, do MS not sell a cheaper upgrade version?

:)

cdub74, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

1. Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where buy Upgrade

2. From where to buy windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    From where to buy windows 10 pro?: Help, me to buy windows 10 pro. And tell me from where i should buy it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-where-to-buy-windows-10-pro/1e60e6ca-06f0-44a9-aa6b-fa8df53e4349
  3. From where to buy windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From where to buy windows 10 pro?: Help, me to buy windows 10 pro. And tell me from where i should buy it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-where-to-buy-windows-10-pro/1e60e6ca-06f0-44a9-aa6b-fa8df53e4349
  4. From where to buy windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where to buy a Windows-10-Home-to-Windows-10-Pro-Upgrade-Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to buy a Windows-10-Home-to-Windows-10-Pro-Upgrade-Key?: Skip to "TL;DR" for question. Hi there!Long time lurker, first time asker. I have 10 Home and Key that came with my laptop. Whenever I have to nuke from orbit, I have the option to select Home or Pro on my windows 10 install DVD.I have been wanting to try Pro because of...
  6. Where to buy a Windows-10-Home-to-Windows-10-Pro-Upgrade-Key?

Where to buy a Windows-10-Home-to-Windows-10-Pro-Upgrade-Key?: Skip to "TL;DR" for question. Hi there!Long time lurker, first time asker. I have 10 Home and Key that came with my laptop. Whenever I have to nuke from orbit, I have the option to select Home or Pro on my windows 10 install DVD.I have been wanting to try Pro because of...
  7. where to buy windows 7 pro oa ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where to buy windows 7 pro oa ?: where to buy windows 7 pro oa ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-buy-windows-7-pro-oa/3812219c-2584-4444-9124-93bac8f6dbdd
  8. where to buy windows 7 pro oa ?

where to buy windows 7 pro oa ?: where to buy windows 7 pro oa ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-buy-windows-7-pro-oa/3812219c-2584-4444-9124-93bac8f6dbdd
  9. Where can you buy a "Windows 10 Pro N" license from

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can you buy a "Windows 10 Pro N" license from: Hello, I am searching up where to find a place to buy a Windows 10 Pro N license from, because my Windows 7 Ultimate N device hasn't received the free update to Windows 10, I checked out this link Buy Windows 10 Pro N - Microsoft Store en-IS, but it's not in my region, so...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 or buying Windows 10 directly

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from Windows 7 or buying Windows 10 directly: Hey guys so my z97 motherboard died and now with the new generation motherboards supporting only Windows 10 I'm forced to move on to Windows 10. On with the question, is there a way to use my Windows 7 key to get Windows 10? or must i buy it? If i must buy it which i will be...