Windows 10: Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Discus and support Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to find out the cost (in British Pounds) how much it is to buy an upgrade to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro, the microsoft store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cdub74, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:52 AM.

1. cdub74 Win User

Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

I am trying to find out the cost (in British Pounds) how much it is to buy an upgrade to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro, the microsoft store only seems to sell the Full version for £219.99, do MS not sell a cheaper upgrade version?

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

4. FordGT90Concept Win User

windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:53 AM
Thema:

1. Where Can I buy an Upgrade From Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where buy Upgrade

2. Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro: I have a pc that has suddenly started showing the "this copy is not genuine" message. I had bought a discount copy of Windows 7 about 12 months ago. I should have listened to my gut and not bought it because apparently they are using non genuine keys and Microsoft finally...
  3. Where can i download - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can i download - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511 update?: It is taking too long to update that new version. Can someone knows ISO or something, so I can download the offline update - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 51757
  4. I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate: Hi, For over a week I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and after several problems I came to one (for the last 3 days) that I don't know any longer what to do. I reach the 76% overall progress with 1 or 2 % on the Configuring Settings...
  5. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?: Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro? 61120
  6. How should I buy Windows 7 Pro 64?

How should I buy Windows 7 Pro 64?: Hey! Might be building a new game machine for myself and was wondering what the cheapest way would be to get the Windows 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade? Like where should I buy? Can you just buy an Activation Key somewhere for Windows 7 Pro 64 and install the upgrade and enter the...
  7. UEFI with MBR: Can I upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

UEFI with MBR: Can I upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?: My Windows 7 Pro pc had BIOS on the motherboard, MBR on the 120GB SSD boot disk, and GPT on the 3TB HDD data disk. I was running out of room on the boot disk (and it was developing bad sectors) so I decided to switch it to a HDD with plenty of room (yes, SSD back to HDD.) So...
  8. Can I buy a Key for windows 7, install the ISO, then upgrade to 10?

Can I buy a Key for windows 7, install the ISO, then upgrade to 10?: I just got a new SSD for my laptop. And I need an OS for it. And I was wondering if I can get a USB stick. Download windows 7 ISO on it. Buy a serial key, then upgrade to windows 10? If I can do that can someone please give me a walkthrough on how? I really need my laptop to...
  9. I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro: No problems only question is do I have to drop out of the Insiders Program? I made a 500MB un-allocated space before Win 7 , didn't know if I had to but since it was there in 10 I did. 8771
  10. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?: ​I have a new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop with Windows 8.1 Core. I also have Windows 7 Professional from my old laptop which died a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it could be a good idea to install Windows 7 Professional in the new Samsung so that it will give me a better...