Windows 10: Where can I enter BitLocker ID to retreive recovery key

Discus and support Where can I enter BitLocker ID to retreive recovery key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Where can I enter BitLocker ID to retreive recovery key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickDenby, May 17, 2020.

1. RickDenby Win User

Where can I enter BitLocker ID to retreive recovery key

:)

RickDenby, May 17, 2020

2. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, May 17, 2020
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, May 17, 2020
  4. Where can I enter BitLocker ID to retreive recovery key

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Where can I enter BitLocker ID to retreive recovery key - Similar Threads - Where enter BitLocker

2. How do I get BitLocker recovery key with my Key ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get BitLocker recovery key with my Key ID: Good afternoon, My laptop Dell Inspiron suddenly crushed - after restarting it reads that the harddrive is not installed. It is asking for BitLocker Recovery key and below it provides 8 digits of Key ID. I never heard of BitLocker and I tried to access it through my...
  3. Where do I find my recovery bitlocker key

Where do I find my recovery bitlocker key: I need help finding my bitlocker key i have the key id but can't find where to put it to unlock my drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-recovery-bitlocker-key/cf8e7a21-a9a4-47ee-8240-d901d87cb3e7"
  4. My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?: Hi, I had the bitlocker system active on my Widnows 10 system which had a Bitlocker Recovery Key ID lets call it Key ID 1 from now on. I had the Recovery Key which was related to theKey ID 1. Then I disabled my bitlocker system and afterwards reactivated it again. By doing...
  5. My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?: Hi, I had the bitlocker system active on my Widnows 10 system which had a Bitlocker Recovery Key ID lets call it Key ID 1 from now on. I had the Recovery Key which was related to theKey ID 1. Then I disabled my bitlocker system and afterwards reactivated it again. By doing...
  6. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
  7. BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters: How do I enter the recovery key when the keypad I get is only numbers and the recovery password has both numbers and letters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-can-only-enter-numbers-not/8ac1d7c4-824a-496b-9ddc-492fc6413f74
  8. Is there a way to generate Bitlocker recovery key with key ID?

Is there a way to generate Bitlocker recovery key with key ID?: Hello, I have a SD card, that I have encrypted with Bitlocker using win 7 from another PC. (Bitlocker to Go) I am sure that the password is 85% correct but Bitlocker doesn't accept it. I don't have on my outlook account or on my computer the recovery key. The recovery key...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key ID

Bitlocker recovery key ID: I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a different key ID. I think j have more than one device with this email address. Hiw do i get the recovery key for the other...
  10. Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot: Hi, Yesterday my laptop got a Windows update and on rebooting, it's stuck at "Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key" page. I never set up the key. It says "there has been a change in secure boot" and hence you need to enter the recovery key. But when I setup my laptop for the first...