Windows 10: where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file.

Discus and support where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I suspect my explorer.exe is infected with something as its running 20-30% of my cpu at all times even when nothing is open. I've ran Rkill,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Land0fConfusion, Nov 21, 2018.

1. where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file.

I suspect my explorer.exe is infected with something as its running 20-30% of my cpu at all times even when nothing is open. I've ran Rkill, Malwarebytes premium, junkware removal, zemana antimalware, ccleaner and roguekiller. All of which removed a few things and restarted, but my explorer.exe is still running 20-30%. I would really like to avoid reformatting if possible.

:)

Land0fConfusion, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file. :p

Frick, Nov 21, 2018
  3. unable to download and run .exe files

Hi Shashikiran,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Was the download of .exe file successful?

• What is the exact error message that you receive?

Try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs or not. If not, I would suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1: Boot the computer to Safe Mode. In Safe Mode computer starts with
    minimal set of drivers and files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:
    If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

If the issue persists, try this:

Method 2: I suggest you to perform SFC (System File Checker) Scan from Safe Mode and check if it helps. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and replace them.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Hope this information helps. Do let us know about the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 21, 2018
  4. zephyrus Win User

where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file.

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file.

1. where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file. - Similar Threads - where find Clean

2. Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?: I followed most steps to restore and repair corrupted files to allow me to download new AMD software, windows 11 update and several other updates that will not download . I found 2 corrupted files I believe I’m working on the first, I took administrator ownership of the first...
  3. Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?: I followed most steps to restore and repair corrupted files to allow me to download new AMD software, windows 11 update and several other updates that will not download . I found 2 corrupted files I believe I’m working on the first, I took administrator ownership of the first...
  4. Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where to find Help for File Explorer Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find Help for File Explorer Search?: Summary Question:Does anyone know if there's any comprehensive Help published by Microsoft for using its File Explorer Search?And if so... how does one find it as F1 and ? Don't Work. More Complete Information:This may or may not sound like a silly question: But for the life...
  6. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  7. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  8. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  10. Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials: Is is possible to force MSE to attempt cleaning of a file & not delete / quarantine. or is it already try to clean ? & takes next step. ? I have a win32 exe file I know works ok (used on offline test machine then restore image) but I cannot find a good copy of the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace explorer.exe file