Windows 10: Where can I find a DRIVERLESS USBA adapter to add an HDMI or VGA port?

Discus and support Where can I find a DRIVERLESS USBA adapter to add an HDMI or VGA port? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; By driverless, I mean one that uses an OS-supplied driver, and doesn't require separate installation of its own custom driver. I've seen a number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ben321, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Ben321 Win User

Where can I find a DRIVERLESS USBA adapter to add an HDMI or VGA port?

By driverless, I mean one that uses an OS-supplied driver, and doesn't require separate installation of its own custom driver.

I've seen a number of USB-A to VGA or HDMI adapters on Amazon. And they all seem to come with a driver CD (or says to go to their website to download the driver), according to the product descriptions on Amazon. None seem to rely on generic Windows drivers. I was thinking though, webcams have their own USB class called UVC (USB Video Class) with a builtin Windows driver. Same thing with joysticks/gamepads, and I'm sure there's also other USB device classes, that usually have their own OS-supplied generic drivers in Windows.

But what about monitors and graphics adapters? Isn't there such a thing as a USB monitor class, or USB graphics card class? And doesn't Windows have builtin generic drivers for these? If so, why do all the adapters I see on Amazon avoid using the OS-supplied drivers, and instead use their own custom drivers?

And if such a USB-A to VGA (or USB-A to HDMI) adapter does exist that uses the OS-supplied drivers, where can I find it? I want to buy an adapter like this, but don't want to install a separate driver for it. I don't trust drivers supplied for these adapters (drivers could easily be a source of malware), as so far all of these adapters seem to be devices from China (product descriptions often are written with poor English grammar).

:)

Ben321, Oct 12, 2020

2. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Shaghik Win User
    VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working

I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a couple days ago it stopped working so i figured the monitor died considering how old it is. However when
    i got a replacement monitor which is also not particularly new but less old it still didnt work. I then tried connecting the monitor to a different pc that has a vga port and it worked fine. I bought the adapter only a couple of months ago so i dont know what
    could have gone wrong.

Shaghik, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Gil deG Win User

VGA Port Connecting to TV Screen

Hi Peter,

The VGA port on your computer is the port where your monitor is connected.

You may use a VGA to HDMI cable to connect to your TV, sometimes some computer has already HDMI port.

We suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance if your computer has HDMI port.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to post back here.

Gil deG, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Where can I find a DRIVERLESS USBA adapter to add an HDMI or VGA port? - Similar Threads - Where find DRIVERLESS

2. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work

My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work: I buy this adapter https://www.amazon.com/FOINNEX-Converter-Computer-Projector-Portable/dp/B07121Y1Z3But it doesnt work strange is that my pc is detecting the monitor but monitor doesnt have display i check the cable and it was okay i dont know where is problem...
  5. My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
    My hdmi to vga adapter doesnt work: I buy this adapter https://www.amazon.com/FOINNEX-Converter-Computer-Projector-Portable/dp/B07121Y1Z3But it doesnt work strange is that my pc is detecting the monitor but monitor doesnt have display i check the cable and it was okay i dont know where is problem...
  6. VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11: I just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a Moread adatpter that connects through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "Input Not Supported". How do I make this work? Thank you...
  7. VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11

VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11: I just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a Moread adatpter that connects through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "Input Not Supported". How do I make this work? Thank you...
  8. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  9. VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working: I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a couple days ago it stopped working so i figured the monitor died considering how old it is. However when i got a replacement...
  10. HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5 adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5 adapter: The audio jack is plug into the motherboard? Please advise and reply. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-vga-audio-jack-35-adapter/02da186c-8be9-4fc8-814d-1e63e9e7e0f8