Windows 10: Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

Discus and support Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've run the Windows Defender Offline scan. It finishes, but I don't know what the result is. Does it produce a log file& where can I find it? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanReimer, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

I've run the Windows Defender Offline scan. It finishes, but I don't know what the result is. Does it produce a log file& where can I find it? I thought that I had found the answer in microsoft forums, but all links with the answers don't go anywhere

:)

AlanReimer, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

Also MpSwpHelp:

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

1. Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan? - Similar Threads - Where find log

2. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  3. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  4. Window defender offline scan logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pmWhy is each logs saying configuration has been change and how do I tell if the window defender is successful in the scan since after it finish it just reboot my pc like normal I checked my current threats the :Last scan is 5:09 Am...
  5. Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Hello, I have done offline scans in the past but I cant find the results for them, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-windows-defender-offline-scan/f134e268-a697-4079-83aa-1fd89777328b
  6. Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Hello, I have done offline scans in the past but I cant find the results for them, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-windows-defender-offline-scan/f134e268-a697-4079-83aa-1fd89777328b
  7. I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.

I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.: Hello. I started an offline scan using the Windows Defender in offline mode. The scan was successful, but I dint gat notification, and Windows didnt open a .txt file where the results are. I checked the following path:Windows Defender -> Virus & threat protection ->...
  8. Microsoft Defender Offline scan : has the scan really been done and where's the the log ?

Microsoft Defender Offline scan : has the scan really been done and where's the the log ?: Hi !I've just try to do a scan with WDO twice. It seems to end at 91% scan lasts around one minute, and I can find no trace of the scan/log either in Protection History or in the Event Viewer.Help, anyone ?...
  9. I can't find the Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find the Windows Defender Offline Scan: My antivirus notified me about the presence of a rootkit in my PC. I deleted it immediately but the file kept reappearing. The antivirus seemed ineffective in removing this malware so I looked it up on Google and I found that this issue can be resolved with the help of...
  10. Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline?

Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline?: Hi! I run a scan in offline mode. When the PC had restarted it didn't give any status at all. When I look at the last scan timestamp it is the timestamp for the last scheduled quick scan and not the offline scan. Is it supposed to not create a report? If yes, I'd guess...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i find result of offline scan