Windows 10: Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

Discus and support Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where in MS knowledgebase can I find info on programming batch files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yrdom, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:12 PM.

1. Yrdom Win User

Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

Where in MS knowledgebase can I find info on programming batch files

:)

2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:18 PM
  4. Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

Writing batch files

I haven't done any coding for a very long time and I am looking for a tutorial and command list for making a batch file in win10. All I can seem to find are videos or sites that tell you that you use notepad to save a file as a .bat with virtually no info
    on the actual programming/scripting. I know it'll all come back to me once I do one or two basic files, but I need a detailed refresher. Any suggestions?

(Specifically, I need a program to replace lines in one text file with lines from a different text file.)

CosmicCowboy, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:18 PM
Thema:

Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

1. Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files - Similar Threads - Where find information

2. where can I find the printshop.msi?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where can I find the printshop.msi?: trying to install and computer can't find the printshop.msi cannot be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-printshopmsi/03d405bc-093f-453c-8489-9226769c7d36
  3. Where can I find Network Host?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can I find Network Host?: I tried to add a Wi-Fi security camera to the Q-See camera system. However the system says that it cannot find the Network Host. What kind of Network Host is it? Where can I find it?...
  4. where can I find this setting in windows 1809?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where can I find this setting in windows 1809?: I want to turn off press and hold for double click in windows 1809 but I cannot locate what menu to access this setting. https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/84c2a091-76ac-4fff-a42f-cbd7f4b6eee1...
  5. What is SYSTEM? Where can I find it?

What is SYSTEM? Where can I find it?: My laptop is taking too much data from my phone. And the data usage details says SYSTEM. There are two system listed in the details. One consumes little data but the other one consumes 50mb in a matter of seconds and a few minutes later, my data is all used up. I did not...
  6. where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file.

where can i find a Clean replacement Explorer.exe file.: I suspect my explorer.exe is infected with something as its running 20-30% of my cpu at all times even when nothing is open. I've ran Rkill, Malwarebytes premium, junkware removal, zemana antimalware, ccleaner and roguekiller. All of which removed a few things and restarted,...
  7. What is a WEP key and where can I find it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a WEP key and where can I find it?: I printed something... and next to WEP Key Length is printer 'inactive'. I tried to enter that but it said it was not correct. At another point it asked for a WPS number which I couldn't find either; but, now I don't even know where that was. I am trying to connect a Canon...
  8. Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?

Where can I find unsaved files after Windows restart?: I was working all day (13 hours) mainly using notepad, and left the computer a few moments to get something to eat. When I came back, the PC had entered sleep mode, and when hitting a key the PC blue screened with the message "Restarting...", and then it used an hour or two...
  9. Where can I find the Windows Product Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can I find the Windows Product Key?: Where can I find the Windows Product Key in the computer? 65722
  10. Where can I find the Windows 10 upgrade file

Where can I find the Windows 10 upgrade file: I's like to run the upgrade on multiple PC's without downloading each time. Is the upgrade file available anywhere. Windows 10 deletes the "GetWindows10-sds.exe " file after it performs the upgrade so I cannot save it 31898