Windows 10: Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

Discus and support Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where in MS knowledgebase can I find info on programming batch files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yrdom, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Yrdom Win User

Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

Where in MS knowledgebase can I find info on programming batch files

:)

Yrdom, Jul 12, 2019
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

Writing batch files

I haven't done any coding for a very long time and I am looking for a tutorial and command list for making a batch file in win10. All I can seem to find are videos or sites that tell you that you use notepad to save a file as a .bat with virtually no info
    on the actual programming/scripting. I know it'll all come back to me once I do one or two basic files, but I need a detailed refresher. Any suggestions?

(Specifically, I need a program to replace lines in one text file with lines from a different text file.)

CosmicCowboy, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

1. Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files - Similar Threads - Where find information

2. Where Can I find windows 10 camera setup information? inf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where Can I find windows 10 camera setup information? inf: Hi, on my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21M it can't detect its built-in camera Motion eye camera so what I did is I went on device manager and scan for any hardware changes but there is no luck. So I went on Action>Add Legacy Hardware>Install Manually advanced> Selected camera then it...
  3. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  4. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  5. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  7. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  8. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. where can I find out more information about permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where can I find out more information about permissions: I need more knowledge about permissions and how to find and edit them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-out-more-information-about/7dc96cb9-d816-4bce-9826-c6f8594c7d51"
  10. where can i find my FTP information for my webite

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where can i find my FTP information for my webite: Where can I find my FTP information for my website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-my-ftp-information-for-my-webite/5c95fe95-f453-4a14-8b2f-ada00f311f5f