Windows 10: Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline?

Discus and support Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I run a scan in offline mode. When the PC had restarted it didn't give any status at all. When I look at the last scan timestamp it is the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LokeAashamar, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline?

Hi!

I run a scan in offline mode.

When the PC had restarted it didn't give any status at all.

When I look at the last scan timestamp it is the timestamp for the last scheduled quick scan and not the offline scan. Is it supposed to not create a report? If yes, I'd guess that might confuse more people than just me and should be stated within the app.

Where can I find the .log file?

:)

LokeAashamar, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Whick Win User

Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Nov 7, 2018
  3. SOISK Win User
    SOISK, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline?

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline?

1. Where can I find logfile Windows Defender Offline? - Similar Threads - Where find logfile

2. Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Hello, I have done offline scans in the past but I cant find the results for them, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-windows-defender-offline-scan/f134e268-a697-4079-83aa-1fd89777328b
  3. Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Hello, I have done offline scans in the past but I cant find the results for them, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-windows-defender-offline-scan/f134e268-a697-4079-83aa-1fd89777328b
  4. I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.: Hello. I started an offline scan using the Windows Defender in offline mode. The scan was successful, but I dint gat notification, and Windows didnt open a .txt file where the results are. I checked the following path:Windows Defender -> Virus & threat protection ->...
  5. Where can I find Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I find Windows 10: I bought a pc 10 yrs ago with Win 7, I was able to upgrade free to Win 10. So I bought a new pc and I want to restore the old one, I looked up how to find the Product Key, but then read on Microsoft that if it was a free upgrade from Win 7 that I would have a digital key in...
  6. I can't find the Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find the Windows Defender Offline Scan: My antivirus notified me about the presence of a rootkit in my PC. I deleted it immediately but the file kept reappearing. The antivirus seemed ineffective in removing this malware so I looked it up on Google and I found that this issue can be resolved with the help of...
  7. Where can I find Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find Windows: I've heard so many things like I can buy it from eBay or that any activation keys that don't come from Microsoft are illeagal. But Windows on Microsoft's sight is soo expensive, does any one know a place where I can Find a Cheap Legal Windows key? submitted by...
  8. Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?: I've run the Windows Defender Offline scan. It finishes, but I don't know what the result is. Does it produce a log file& where can I find it? I thought that I had found the answer in microsoft forums, but all links with the answers don't go anywhere...
  9. where can I find the printshop.msi?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where can I find the printshop.msi?: trying to install and computer can't find the printshop.msi cannot be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-printshopmsi/03d405bc-093f-453c-8489-9226769c7d36
  10. Where to find the downloaded offline maps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to find the downloaded offline maps.: I just upgraded from Build 10041 to Build 10061. I downloaded a few maps using 'Systems - Maps' but unable to find where these maps are saved. This happens to both builds. Please advise where can I find the saved maps. 5578

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender offline log

2. windows defender offline scan log location?

3. where can i find windows defender virus log

4. logfile for defender offline scan