Windows 10: Where can I find taskbar jumplist icons fin the registry?

Discus and support Where can I find taskbar jumplist icons fin the registry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I reaaaaally want to enable jumplists & recent items. Unfortunately due to the current proclivities of my pc, my OCD forbids it. Notepad++ and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, Jul 21, 2021.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Where can I find taskbar jumplist icons fin the registry?

So I reaaaaally want to enable jumplists & recent items. Unfortunately due to the current proclivities of my pc, my OCD forbids it. Notepad++ and the .txt extension show the proper icon when accessed from my third party start menu. However when I use the taskbar/jumplist it shows the default icon and not the proper n++ one any ideas where this is tucked away at so I can change whatever is inhibiting it from using the icon of the program assigned to open them?

:)

klepp0906, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 21, 2021
  3. drag & drop feature that allowed to rearrange items pinned to the Jumplist in taskbar icons.

Please help to give drag & drop feature that allowed to rearrange items pinned to the Jumplist in Taskbar icons.

Raj Jangra, Jul 21, 2021
  4. wupp Win User

Is there a way to add new items to the context menu of taskbar icons in Windows 10?

It is possible to add custom items to the context menu of specific file types through the registry, however extending the .lnk files, that I suppose are used in the windows 10 taskbar has no effect on the context menu that accessible from the taskbar, only on the ones accessible from desktop or file explorers.

I'd like to either add a custom option to the jumplist menu (on the taskbar), or to the menu that shows up once right-clicking the shortuct icon in the jumplist menu.

My goal is to be able to open the file location of items located on the taskbar more efficiently, currently the best way I know is:

1. Right click the icon on the taskbar
    2. Right click the app's shortcut in the jumplist menu
    3. Click on 'Properties'
    4. Click on 'Open file location'
    5. Close the Properties window

I'd like to shave off as many steps as possible from this process.

Thema:

1. Where can I find taskbar jumplist icons fin the registry? - Similar Threads - Where find taskbar

2. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can I find the icon for text files: I'm trying to figure out where the icon for text files are but I cant seem to find them, I'm not sure where abouts the icons are stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-icon-for-text-files/709928ea-9053-47eb-b2db-d5dc09f75c45
  3. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the icon for text files: I'm trying to figure out where the icon for text files are but I cant seem to find them, I'm not sure where abouts the icons are stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-icon-for-text-files/709928ea-9053-47eb-b2db-d5dc09f75c45
  4. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is Tlauncher in the Registry? I can't seem to find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Tlauncher in the Registry? I can't seem to find it: I can't find it. Pls do help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-tlauncher-in-the-registry-i-cant-seem-to/b0292236-a566-4825-8ec7-94430962f50b
  6. FIXED – WINDOWS 10 JUMPLIST DELAY OPENING JUMPLIST FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS EXPLORER TASKBAR ICON

in Windows 10 Customization
    FIXED – WINDOWS 10 JUMPLIST DELAY OPENING JUMPLIST FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS EXPLORER TASKBAR ICON: [ATTACH] Hey Gang. I’ve been running Windows 10 Pro x64, and have been experiencing Jumplist delay of about 1-2 sec when trying to open jumplist folders from Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon. After hours of researching and testing, I discovered that my issue was caused by two...
  7. Where can I find the power icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where can I find the power icons?: Hello, Where can I find the power button icons, poweroff, sleep and reboot? [img] I'm using Windows 10 1903 155922
  8. Where can I find the Standard Right-Click menu in the Registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find the Standard Right-Click menu in the Registry?: [ATTACH] Standart Action Menu in Windows 10 I'm looking for the red marked menu in the Registry. My next question would be if it's possible to edit it with own functions!? submitted by /u/McThakken [link] [comments]...
  9. can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar: i was wondering if i can add, edit or delete a option on a app's jump list or task list? [img] some apps dont have any options, one being a long unfixed issue would be google canary missing its task list. and it would be cool to add custom options there as well 79814
  10. where Win10 store the jumplists?

in Windows 10 Support
    where Win10 store the jumplists?: Every once in a while I would like to clean it out. 35076