Windows 10: Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with...

Discus and support Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo AIO desktop computer that came with Win8 preinstalled. It's time to update and a suggestion I have is download a ,iso file to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiniGeorge, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with...

I have a Lenovo AIO desktop computer that came with Win8 preinstalled. It's time to update and a suggestion I have is download a ,iso file to install or reinstall the windows operating system. However I need a product key or digital license. I do not have the box the computer came in nor any other paperwork. Any suggestions or solutions?

:)

MiniGeorge, Jan 24, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

If you plan on "transferring" a digital license from one computer to another using the activation troubleshooter and your Microsoft Account, then yes, start with the generic product key on the new computer. Actually, on a new install, you select the option for "I don't have a product key" and then after the install use the Activation Troubleshooter.

Otherwise, if you are using a unique product key, either purchased or embedded in the firmware of the computer by the factory - let Windows 10/11 activate for the first time from that product key. AFTER it is activated, change the product key to the generic. One advantage to doing this is that if the original product key was OEM, changing it to the generic retail product key will also change the digital license type to retail and make it transferrable to another computer.

NavyLCDR, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

Thank you for the insight
    That's interesting. So you are suggesting after I make my next clone, I enter a generic product key in windows activation and THEN follow up with purchasing (or transferring) a digital license? Do I understand you correctly? If so, I'll try that on my next build.

It is possible. My only experience seeing it not cleared up in an hour (besides, of course, having the wrong time on my machine or a truly faulty connection) was many years ago. When I contacted Microsoft, they were able to diagnose that my license wasn't valid but couldn't tell me why. If memory serves me correctly, I attempted to move a license from a windows ten machine that initially was an upgrade from windows seven. I discovered (on this forum) that a windows ten license that was upgraded from windows seven license was not eligible to be transferred to a new machine. And I was not able to purchase a digital license. I needed a product key.

I couldn't find reputable dealers that are still selling retail windows 10 licenses (for example, Best Buy only lists the Spanish version of windows home on their website). But since I just learned that a windows 11 license can be used my concern has been allayed.

WorkPermit, Jan 24, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with...

Digital license key

What do you mean by digital license "key"? I've heard of a digital license for Windows 10, and I've heard of a Product Key for Windows 10, but I've never heard of a digital license key.

NavyLCDR, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with...

1. Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with... - Similar Threads - Where find product

2. Where can I find my license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find my license key?: I just bought a Microsoft Windows 11 Home version download from the Microsoft website.I got the confirmation email about my purchase, but there's no activation key in it, nor a link where I can find it.The link in my email only brings me to my previous orders on my Microsoft...
  3. where do i find my digital product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do i find my digital product key: hello i am about to upgrade my pc but i cant find my product key on my desktop or Microsoft account. i do not have a physical key on my computers anywhere. can you help me get it? tried finding it in the command prompt, my settings, Microsoft account, and on my old pc case....
  4. where do i find my digital product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do i find my digital product key: hello i am about to upgrade my pc but i cant find my product key on my desktop or Microsoft account. i do not have a physical key on my computers anywhere. can you help me get it? tried finding it in the command prompt, my settings, Microsoft account, and on my old pc case....
  5. Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the product key or digital license for Lenovo C345 AIO desktop with...: I have a Lenovo AIO desktop computer that came with Win8 preinstalled. It's time to update and a suggestion I have is download a ,iso file to install or reinstall the windows operating system. However I need a product key or digital license. I do not have the box the computer...
  6. Product key? Or, digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key? Or, digital license?: Dell Inspiron 3647. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade. No tech will be attempting a hard drive change. For reinstalling, I keep reading a 25 character product key. I have 20. It does specify Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. I know once I...
  7. Finding my product key/digital license

Finding my product key/digital license: My All-In-One PC is broken, so I want to move my Windows 10 Home, from my broken one to another PC, however I can't find the product key/digital license on my broken PC. How can I get it?...
  8. where can i find my product key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where can i find my product key?: Hello, I'm a HP pc user. using windows 10. I want to personalize my background of my pc but i can't because i didn't activate my windows. to activate windows, it said that need 25 digits product key. where can i find that product key? Help me, thanks....
  9. Where do I find my digital license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where do I find my digital license key: My Surface got stuck in a loop with no way out. Had to reload Windows 10 from scratch wiping out all my software and local data. $&#(*&^@^!!!! So I want to create a recovery memory stick with an ISO file on it. I was told I need the product key or digital license. Where is...
  10. Where can I find the Windows Product Key?

Where can I find the Windows Product Key?: Where can I find the Windows Product Key in the computer? 65722