Windows 10: Where can I get a list of event log id's?

Discus and support Where can I get a list of event log id's? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right now, looking for 107. But could use a full list if there is one. 75667 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jan 23, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Where can I get a list of event log id's?

Right now, looking for 107. But could use a full list if there is one.

:)

tcebob, Jan 23, 2017
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Where can I get a list of the meanings of the symbols which appear on a Lumia 550?

The three dots (at the bottom, right) are a horizontal ellipses and state: “there are more commands”—officially, it is called the More button. The three lines (at the top, left) state: “there are more options”—officially, it is called the Options button.

Or stated differently, you have to double-check them anytime you look for something you do not find. This is

one of the software-usability bugs
    of Windows 10 Mobile. By the way, there is another even invisible widget: When you long tap on items, you get a context menu. In that menu, the commands related to that item (rather than the screen as the More button does).
    However, there is no visible cue, whether there will be a context menu popping up or not. You have to try-and-fail or memorize. One of the reason, I do not recommend Windows 10 Mobile for smartphone starters and only for die hard fans.

Abi99 (2), Jan 23, 2017
  3. Where can I get a list of the meanings of the symbols which appear on a Lumia 550?

Somehow my reply disappeared into the ether. Thanks everyone. The illustrations seeem to cover most of the symbols but the three dotd are sending me dotty; see Edge or Messaging or People bottom right. No doubt I will find this somewhere in the manual

Thanks again

dont_say_no, Jan 23, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Jan 23, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for the help. The TechNet reference was huge but not helpful in this case. Oh, well.

tcebob, Jan 23, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Like the man said: you have to check TechNet on an ID by ID basis. I've often wished for the galactic encylopedia of event IDs myself, and for registry keys, too, while we're wishing for the impossible. One step at a time, man, one step at a time...
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 23, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    You can do that here, where you can search by Event ID...
    Windows IT professional support - forums, assistance, help (Windows 10)

8. tcebob Win User

Maybe I'm having a dumb day but I can't find how to Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base. Neither Google nor Bing nor Wickipedia shed light. Did you intend to insert a link?

tcebob, Jan 24, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    I did insert a link - this one: Windows IT professional support - forums, assistance, help (Windows 10)
    Did you not see it at the bottom of the post?

Scroll down to the section...

10. EdTittel Win User
    Thanks for the link. Just for grins I checked Event ID 10016 and boy does our local wisdom on fixing DCOM registrations eclipse theirs! *Eek
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 24, 2017
  11. tcebob Win User
    Bree, forgive my inattention. I was focusing on the dark name in the image and overlooked the url. My problem was that the computer was waking a few seconds after being put to sleep (a much-discussed topic) and I had followed all suggestions with no luck. Desperate, I moved the mouse dongle from a hub to a machine usb port and since then the thing sleeps like a baby!

I should add that there seems to be a difference between sleep when activated by a shortcut and when activated automatically by Power Options. When Power Options puts it to sleep it stays there, even with the dongle.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where can I get a list of event log id's? - Similar Threads - Where list event

2. WHEA Error Event Logs ID event 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Error Event Logs ID event 1: My new laptop restarts randomly even after hours of use, even disabling automatic startup in the event of errors in the startup and recovery section, only bringing me a WHEA LOGGER dump file, I attach the dump file, I have already tried to formatting the PC with a new...
  3. WHEA Error Event Logs ID event 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Error Event Logs ID event 1: My new laptop restarts randomly even after hours of use, even disabling automatic startup in the event of errors in the startup and recovery section, only bringing me a WHEA LOGGER dump file, I attach the dump file, I have already tried to formatting the PC with a new...
  4. Getting Event ID 4101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Event ID 4101: How do I fix Event ID 4101 I’ve Used DDU to reset my drivers now they are updated. But problem still constant Cleaned my PC out too just in case https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-event-id-4101/1dcef0e4-0a03-4de4-b010-6e1b3c98882f
  5. Getting Event ID 4101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Event ID 4101: How do I fix Event ID 4101 I’ve Used DDU to reset my drivers now they are updated. But problem still constant Cleaned my PC out too just in case https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-event-id-4101/1dcef0e4-0a03-4de4-b010-6e1b3c98882f
  6. Event ID 6008 logged after unexpected shutdown and reboot. I can see the logs in event...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 6008 logged after unexpected shutdown and reboot. I can see the logs in event...: I have a new computer build with z490 board and i3-10100 cpu. It started shutting down while playing a video game, but now notice it also shuts down randomly while doing other work on computer as well. I can see that the event ID 6008 is logged at each one of these times,...
  7. Error in Event log, Event ID 10016

Error in Event log, Event ID 10016: So my laptop been crashing very often for last week, I never had the chance to take the photo of the blue screen, its lightning fast to restart. I have seen this in my event log and wonder if it has anything to do with it. I have seen kernel errors, battery errors and this...
  8. DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows: My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something? <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  9. Event log full of ESENT event id 916

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event log full of ESENT event id 916: I've seen this discussed several times but nothing lately and nothing saying what to do about it. Multiple times per hour - anything from 1 to 5 (so far) I get the following event logged: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 12/29/2017 10:27:21 AM Event ID: 916...
  10. Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer: Not sure if this is the right section, if not please move to the correct one. Under the details tab in Event Viewer when a logged event has a GUID that shows up in the registry under HKEYLM > System > CurrentControlSet>Control>WM>Autologger>EventLog-XX I know how to...