Windows 10: Where can I get .exe, .dll, .ico, .icl files to change the icons on my file explorer?

Discus and support Where can I get .exe, .dll, .ico, .icl files to change the icons on my file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've been trying to find how to change icons on file explorer but it directs me on where I can change the icons. I want to customize my icons on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TECHTANDO675, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Where can I get .exe, .dll, .ico, .icl files to change the icons on my file explorer?

So I've been trying to find how to change icons on file explorer but it directs me on where I can change the icons. I want to customize my icons on my file explorer 'coz its full of folders. Do u know any sites where I could download such icons?

submitted by /u/TECHTANDO675
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TECHTANDO675, Aug 18, 2020

2. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Working Directory needs to match the directory of target which would be "C:\Windows\System32"

You set the icon via: objShortcut.SetIconLocation "C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll", 13

Path is obvious, the number is the index of the icon inside the DLL, EXE, or ICO. You should be able to use Greenfish Icon Editor Pro to see the indices in an ICO file. You can use Resource Hacker to view the indicies in a DLL or EXE.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

How would the VB script look like with that line you mentioned added into it? I didn't create this VB Script and I'm not very familiar with using it. I'm more familiar with using Batch Command Files. I've created my very own custom icons for practically every program on my system. I usually use Restorator 2007 to edit the icons themselves in the EXE files for the programs but there are some program's that apparently won't work if doing this. So for the one's that won't work with that method, I place the icon(s) in the Pictures folder and then make it hidden after assigning it to the shortcut.

Flava0ne, Aug 18, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Where can I get .exe, .dll, .ico, .icl files to change the icons on my file explorer?

Icons on shortcuts

1. Right-click the shortcut.
    2. Select "Properties."
    3. Click the "Change icon" button on the "Shortcut" tab.
    4. Browse to the *.ico file (or *.dll or *.exe file containing icons).
    5. Select the icon from those displayed.
    6. Click OK

Thema:

Where can I get .exe, .dll, .ico, .icl files to change the icons on my file explorer?

1. Where can I get .exe, .dll, .ico, .icl files to change the icons on my file explorer? - Similar Threads - Where exe dll

2. Replace ico file doesn't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace ico file doesn't change: Hi, when I replace an ico file that i'm using to custom a folder icon and replace this ico file with another ico file with the same name, the file doesn't change and remains the old ico file, even if i delete this first and then place the new one in the same directory as the...
  3. Replace ico file doesn't change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace ico file doesn't change: Hi, when I replace an ico file that i'm using to custom a folder icon and replace this ico file with another ico file with the same name, the file doesn't change and remains the old ico file, even if i delete this first and then place the new one in the same directory as the...
  4. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  5. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  6. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

7. Where can I get ippcvn8.dll files to download safely?

Where can I get ippcvn8.dll files to download safely?: My Adobe files won't open because I get an error message saying I need the subject download. Where can I obtain this and know it's safe to download?...
  8. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  9. changing where programs get saved on file explorer.

changing where programs get saved on file explorer.: as it stand by default 'Program Files along with 'Program Files(x86) get saved under the 'windows (c:)' drive, how is it/ or is it possible to change there locations to something like say a 'external hard drive (D:) [ATTACH]...
  10. Where is icon for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is icon for File Explorer?: In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607) 65692