Windows 10: where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when...

Discus and support where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP Computer with windows 10 but in recent weeks have been having issues with f6 where audio cuts in and out all of the time when using things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Donald M.Anderson1, Oct 30, 2020.

1. where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when...

I have a HP Computer with windows 10 but in recent weeks have been having issues with f6 where audio cuts in and out all of the time when using things like You Tube and other things on the net

:)

Donald M.Anderson1, Oct 30, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when... [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Nexu Win User
    No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some time to take care of my laptop. I decided to perform a clean install of Insider Preview on my SSD.
    But now after the clean install I noticed my audio device isn't working as it should. I get sound out of the laptop speakers, but when I plug in my speaker or headphones in the audio jack, no sound comes out of it. The volume mixer tells me there is audio signal. The jack detection is working as the Realtek Audio Manager warns me (after I enabled it) when something gets plugged in or unplugged. It even correctly mutes the laptop speaker. But the just no actual sound coming out of the speakers/headphones.

OS Version 10.0.17758.1 (Win10 RS5 Insider Preview)

Device Description Realtek ALC269
    Device Description (Windows) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Device Type Audio
    Bus Type HDAUDIO
    Device ID 10EC-0269
    Subsystem ID 1025-035D
    Revision 1001
    Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1025035D&REV_1001

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
    mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
    mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

It's not a hardware failure in anyway since the laptop and the sound system works PERFECTLY (sound out of laptop speaker, sound out of headphone/speaker when audio jack plugged in) if I boot up in Linux. Microphone jack does function properly in both Windows 10 and Linux.

I tried all kind of drivers, from laptop manufacturer, to Realtek's, to the ones in Windows Update Catalogue. Non of them seem to fix the issue

I tried various drivers:
    • 64-bits drivers offered for my laptop model on the Acer website
    • Generic 64-bits drivers offered on the Realtek website
    • Drivers offered on the Windows Update Catalogue
    Non of them helps fixing the issue of no sound coming out of the output jack.
    I know 100% that it's not a hardware issue since my Linux install are working fine. So that makes me believe it's either a driver issue (quite some people seem to have this problem as well with Realtek) or a Windows issue.

I really need some help to resolve this...

4. kamalaggi Win User

where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when...

No sound from speakers/headphones

Hi,

I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio.

I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack.

The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile.

I have the latest drivers installed. Sound is working fine though HDMI on my TV but i'm guessing that's using my graphics card.

I have headphones/speaker selected in sound manager. Also realtek sound manager is detecting that my speakers are connected to the audio jacks at the back and front but still no sound.

In sound manager I can see the green bar moving up/down for Speakers/Headphones.

Could the sound chip on motherboard be fried?

Thanks for you help.

kamalaggi, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when...

1. where can I get help fixing issues with sound on both speakers and headphone jacks when... - Similar Threads - where help fixing

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  4. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  5. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  6. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  7. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...
  8. both speaker and headphone sound can be heard once headphone connected

both speaker and headphone sound can be heard once headphone connected: both speaker and headphone sound can be heard once headphone is connected 119765
  9. both speaker and headphone sound can be heard once headphone is connec

in Windows 10 Support
    both speaker and headphone sound can be heard once headphone is connec: both speaker and headphone sound can be heard once headphone is connected 119765
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...