Windows 10: Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

Discus and support Where can I get the advanced boot options menu? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I boot up I get a message that says, system configuration did not initialize, another instance is running. When I tried to back up my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J MarkSchull, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

When I boot up I get a message that says, system configuration did not initialize, another instance is running. When I tried to back up my computer everything backed up except system configuration files and folders.

:)

J MarkSchull, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Ztruker Win User

Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu.
    Hold down Shift and click on Restart.

Where can I get the advanced boot options menu? [​IMG]

You will boot to the Choose an option menu.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Found this while trying to delete C:\Windows.old. Booting to a Command Prompt allowed me to use

D:
    rd /s Windows.old

Had to find the boot drive first though which turned out to be D:

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2018
  3. No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

Windows 10 Advance Startup mode not showing menu (only power off menu)

Hi Dany,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Startup options. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps in enabling the Advance boot option.

• Use any administrator account to sign-in/log on to your Windows 10 computer.
    • Once on the desktop window, right-click the Start button from the bottom left corner.
    • From the displayed context menu, click the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the opened Administrator: Command Prompt interface, type the
      BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command.
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Close the command window when done.
    • After this, left-click the Start button.
    • Click Power from the Start menu.
    • From the displayed options, click Restart.

Now follow the below steps and check if you are able to see the
    Advance boot options.

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

1. Where can I get the advanced boot options menu? - Similar Threads - Where advanced boot

2. I can’t get into the advanced boot options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t get into the advanced boot options: Every time I tried to access the Advanced Boot options, it keeps sending me to the Recovery screen. I have tried every method to getting into the Advanced Boot options and it does not work at all. Even when I’m on the recovery screen, nothing works. Please help me get into...
  3. I can’t get into the advanced boot options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t get into the advanced boot options: Every time I tried to access the Advanced Boot options, it keeps sending me to the Recovery screen. I have tried every method to getting into the Advanced Boot options and it does not work at all. Even when I’m on the recovery screen, nothing works. Please help me get into...
  4. How can i boot into advanced recovery options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i boot into advanced recovery options: I've been having this "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" problem for 2 days now it says "tcpip.sys" is what failed i know i have to go into advanced recovery options to fix this but the problem is that i can't get into advanced recovery options i tried shutting the pc down...
  5. How can i boot into advanced recovery options

How can i boot into advanced recovery options: I've been having this "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" problem for 2 days now it says "tcpip.sys" is what failed i know i have to go into advanced recovery options to fix this but the problem is that i can't get into advanced recovery options i tried shutting the pc down...
  6. i can not find "choose where to get apps" option in advanced app setting" and also i can...

i can not find "choose where to get apps" option in advanced app setting" and also i can...: i can not find "choose where to get apps" option in advanced app setting" and also i can not find " apps and feature " option in windows 11...
  7. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  8. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  9. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...