Windows 10: Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1?

Discus and support Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't find it anywhere that seems legal, and illegal sites seem somewhat sketchy due to their nature, so I'd like to get a copy from you, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex Davidson1, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1?

I can't find it anywhere that seems legal, and illegal sites seem somewhat sketchy due to their nature, so I'd like to get a copy from you, the copyright holder. If you don't have any copies, I'd suggest letting go of the copyright; it's not like you'll lose any money from something you aren't selling.

:)

Alex Davidson1, Oct 1, 2022

2. Copying DVD to HDD. Legal?

Copy to a HDD or other device you own is legal. You can create 1 copy for personal use such as watching on HTPC, digital library, iPad, etc. as long as you own the original physical disk. Some companies now provide a couple code or disk with Blu-ray movies that is a simple way to get a digital copy of the movie for you (in DVD quality).

*If you own a physical copy of the disc*
    *Copy for your use, legal.
    *2 copies for your use, not legal.
    *Copy to let others borrow, not legal.
    *Copy to sell, obvious.

At least that is how I remember it.

TheLaughingMan, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Legal copy of windows

Sir how can I make a legal copy of windows 10? I just bought a new laptop and need to attach a ssd. So not to lose a legally activated windows.

tusharsharma248, Oct 1, 2022
  4. thraxed Win User

Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1?

1. Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1? - Similar Threads - Where legally acquire

2. Can I legally copy ScanDisk text mode UI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I legally copy ScanDisk text mode UI?: I am making filesystem checker for my own filesystem. And I also like old software like MS-DOS. So I get idea of making filesystem checker that will looks like ScanDisk. But there are two limitations. Copyright on ScanDisk and second is that, the current state of project...
  3. Can I legally copy ScanDisk text mode UI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I legally copy ScanDisk text mode UI?: I am making filesystem checker for my own filesystem. And I also like old software like MS-DOS. So I get idea of making filesystem checker that will looks like ScanDisk. But there are two limitations. Copyright on ScanDisk and second is that, the current state of project...
  4. Can I still buy a legal copy of Windows 98, with license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still buy a legal copy of Windows 98, with license?: A friend gave me an old Toshiba laptop that had Windows 98 previously installed on it but he deleted the operating system and everything off of it before he gave it to me. I want Windows 98 reinstalled back on it because I want to be able to play my old PC games on it, so I'm...
  5. Can I still buy a legal copy of Windows 98, with license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I still buy a legal copy of Windows 98, with license?: A friend gave me an old Toshiba laptop that had Windows 98 previously installed on it but he deleted the operating system and everything off of it before he gave it to me. I want Windows 98 reinstalled back on it because I want to be able to play my old PC games on it, so I'm...
  6. Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I legally acquire a copy of Windows 3.1?: I can't find it anywhere that seems legal, and illegal sites seem somewhat sketchy due to their nature, so I'd like to get a copy from you, the copyright holder. If you don't have any copies, I'd suggest letting go of the copyright; it's not like you'll lose any money from...
  7. Where can I get a copy of Win10pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I get a copy of Win10pro?: So, I'm looking for a clean copy of Win10pro(not from any existing PC I own) to instal on a new drive. Why? The last new instal I did was from a copy I sourced from a Dell PC and I'm convinced it was a faulty copy, as issues I had on the Dell were replicated on the new build,...
  8. Where can I get a copy of silverlight.diagcab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I get a copy of silverlight.diagcab: Good afternoon, The Download button found under the Fix it for me section in the Microsoft article for how to clean corrupt Silverlight install is no longer working. When I click the button, I get a "404 Not Found" error. Silverlight is still supported, so I'm not sure...
  9. Where can I find a copy of Windows 10 ARM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find a copy of Windows 10 ARM?: I found an old Surface RT and I've been wanting to install Windows 10 ARM on it since Windows RT is far too limiting as to what you can install with it. But where can I find a copy of Windows 10 ARM? submitted by /u/ClassicGuy100 [link] [comments]...
  10. Legal copy of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Legal copy of windows: Sir how can I make a legal copy of windows 10? I just bought a new laptop and need to attach a ssd. So not to lose a legally activated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legal-copy-of-windows/414cafca-492e-44e6-99ba-a60baf0dc411"