Windows 10: Where Can I Locate Information Concerning Default File Ownership ?

Discus and support Where Can I Locate Information Concerning Default File Ownership ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition, Version 21H1, O.S. Build 19043.899, W/Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3030.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davy49, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Davy49 Win User

Where Can I Locate Information Concerning Default File Ownership ?

Hi,
    I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition, Version 21H1, O.S. Build 19043.899, W/Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3030.0 installed. My question is concerning 'default' ownership of files in windows 10, I'm trying to locate a site that would let me view that information. One file that I have a question about is this one: ‪C:\Documents and Settings\davyp\Local Settings ? The 'davyp' is my administrator username, the reason that I'm seeking information concerning this is while using the following: Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com) & I also have this enable in my context menu: Add Change Owner to Context Menu in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com) . In regards to the file that I have included in bold letters in this post, using the take ownership I changed the owner of that file to myself, I don't know if that was okay or not ?
    David *Think

:)

Davy49, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Files and folders

Hi Robert,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change the default save location for your files and documents in Windows 10:

• Open the Start menu, type Settings, then click
      Enter.
    • Click System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Under Save locations, select the location from the drop-down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Where Can I Locate Information Concerning Default File Ownership ? - Similar Threads - Where Locate Information

2. should i be concerned about personal information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    should i be concerned about personal information: If any personal information was stolen from my Xbox one for visiting a sketchy site by mistake would Microsoft notify me of it occurring ? I still have access to my Microsoft account but would like to know if i should take precautions?...
  3. should i be concerned about personal information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i be concerned about personal information: If any personal information was stolen from my Xbox one for visiting a sketchy site by mistake would Microsoft notify me of it occurring ? I still have access to my Microsoft account but would like to know if i should take precautions?...
  4. should i be concerned about personal information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Netstat 127.0.0.1 "Can not obtain ownership information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Netstat 127.0.0.1 "Can not obtain ownership information": Today I ran a Netstat offline, I have an Active well Time_Wait connection to "Can not obtain ownership information" on a Loopback address. Why would this happen? How can I obtain that information. The process was in the NT Kernal & System. If you know how I could get the IPv6...
  6. Why does Netstat 127.0.0.1 "Can not obtain ownership information"

Why does Netstat 127.0.0.1 "Can not obtain ownership information": Today I ran a Netstat offline, I have an Active well Time_Wait connection to "Can not obtain ownership information" on a Loopback address. Why would this happen? How can I obtain that information. The process was in the NT Kernal & System. If you know how I could get the IPv6...
  7. Why does Netstat 127.0.0.1 "Can not obtain ownership information"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Where Can I Locate Information Concerning Default File Ownership ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where Can I Locate Information Concerning Default File Ownership ?: Hi, I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition, Version 21H1, O.S. Build 19043.899, W/Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3030.0 installed. My question is concerning 'default' ownership of files in windows 10, I'm trying to locate a site that would let me view...
  9. How do I save a Paint3D file to a USB drive and where is the default folder location where...

How do I save a Paint3D file to a USB drive and where is the default folder location where...: There is to save as option in Paint3D. How does one savea Paint3D to a file location like a USB drive, so that one can complete their homework? Seems strange that Microsoft forgot to add save as functionality without option to designate a file path. Homework is due in 4...
  10. Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can I find information on Win10 Batch Files: Where in MS knowledgebase can I find info on programming batch files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-information-on-win10-batch-files/84dd7b40-5cfc-46ec-a496-2ea5449c3f19"