Windows 10: Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)?

Discus and support Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need Windows 10 Pro VMs to run either under VirtualBox or Vagrant. I really want to avoid the tedious installation procedure, hence I am looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DLNT, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DLNT Win User

Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)?

I need Windows 10 Pro VMs to run either under VirtualBox or Vagrant.

I really want to avoid the tedious installation procedure, hence I am looking for ready-to-run VM images.

They need to be fully licensed and permanent. I am aware that Microsoft offers ready-to-run VM images for developers (e.g. here), but they expire after 90 days.

The VMs need to run on my hardware, so cloud instances (e.g. Azure) do not count.

Any advise? Thx, NT

:)

DLNT, Sep 9, 2019

2. BSOD on using VirtualBox on windows 10

I have been using a windows 10 dell m5510 since August 2016 to run Vagrant vm on Oracle VirtualBox and run a Django server on the vagrant box. I mostly use Chrome or Firefox browsers.

I have been getting the windows 10 BSOD since Friday March 3rd, 2017, every single time I try to run django server. I have looked up online to see if this is a known issue and have tried a number of suggestions. Here is a related link from Microsoft support
    which doesn't seem to have any answer - Windows 10 Pro BSOD - vmci.sys + ntoskrnl.exe+1875b7 + FLTMGR.sys+35c07

Details of apps installed -

Windows 10 enterprise

Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1.16

Vagrant 1.9.2

PyCharm 2016.2

Git 2.12.0

The machine works fine as long as the vm guest isn't loaded. I have re-imaged windows 10 and installed all of the apps completely from scratch but this problem still persists and continues to occur every single time I run the server on vagrant.

Link to tgz of memory dump

Crashed drivers from my understanding of the minidump -

Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)? b1641252-e8e3-45e0-9491-909117cabbcf.png

Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)? 89218ccf-2475-459f-9989-e98b30c42bb3.png

Ramesh_Prasad, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Will Windows 10 license permit consumers to run it in a VM?

Thanks for the replies, but I have a follow-up question.

I have a fully licensed, verified, up to date OEM copy of Windows 7 Pro that I run in a VM on the machine that it was originally licensed for. The VM is running in Virtualbox under Windows 8.1 Pro (a full, not upgrade copy) and under Ubuntu. The Windows
    7 VM has downloaded the KB35035583 update for the Get Windows 10 App but the app does not appear on the taskbar.

Will it be permitted to upgrade this copy of Windows 7 to Windows 10? If so, why does the app not appear?

Thanks.

EdwardGibbs, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)?

Can I use Windows 10 VM (legal license) on two different Hosts (VirtualBox)?

Hi,

I've a legally licensed VM with Windows 10 running on my iMac with VirtualBox. Can I copy the VM to a different computer (macbook pro) with VirtualBox and run it there?.

I will rarely use them simultaneously. Both computers belong to me and are for personal use. The use case for the VM is mainly Excel macros development.

Thanks for the advice,

Luis

Luis Palacios Derqui, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)?

1. Where can I purchase fully-licensed, ready-to-run Windows 10 VM images (VirtualBox/Vagrant)? - Similar Threads - Where purchase fully

2. Can I purchase windows 10/11 license and install it on a VM server on a cloud provider?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I purchase windows 10/11 license and install it on a VM server on a cloud provider?: The cloud provider we currently use doesn't offer the feature of creating vm servers with Windows OS license. Thus, we have to seperately purchase a license and install manually on a vm server where the cloud provider only offers the selected version of windows images. Can I...
  3. Can I purchase windows 10/11 license and install it on a VM server on a cloud provider?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I purchase windows 10/11 license and install it on a VM server on a cloud provider?: The cloud provider we currently use doesn't offer the feature of creating vm servers with Windows OS license. Thus, we have to seperately purchase a license and install manually on a vm server where the cloud provider only offers the selected version of windows images. Can I...
  4. Can I purchase windows 10/11 license and install it on a VM server on a cloud provider?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 activation on VM's - where can I find the license keys ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation on VM's - where can I find the license keys ?: Just purchased 4 Windows 11 Home Edition licenses in the App Store through the "Activate Now" link in the Win11 settings. I am installing these on 4 different Virtual Machines so I DONOT have a pre-owned PC or a Win10 license.One of the VM's just crashed, so I had to...
  6. Windows 11 activation on VM's - where can I find the license keys ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 activation on VM's - where can I find the license keys ?: Just purchased 4 Windows 11 Home Edition licenses in the App Store through the "Activate Now" link in the Win11 settings. I am installing these on 4 different Virtual Machines so I DONOT have a pre-owned PC or a Win10 license.One of the VM's just crashed, so I had to...
  7. Running Virtualbox+Vagrant inside of WSL2 with nested virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running Virtualbox+Vagrant inside of WSL2 with nested virtualization: An interesting read. Running Virtualbox+Vagrant inside of WSL2 with nested virtualization | by Alice Knag | Jul, 2021 | Medium 181985
  8. Windows 10 in VirtualBox -> licensing

Windows 10 in VirtualBox -> licensing: I have downloaded Windows 10 VM from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/ and installed it using VirtualBox. It works well and I have been able to set up everything needed to develop in my company's .NET projects. However, the license is...
  9. Windows 10 license and VM running on licensed computer

Windows 10 license and VM running on licensed computer: My client has a number of Dell computers that all came with Windows 10 Pro. We would now like to spool up a virtual machine for testing on the physical comptuter's Hyper-V submodule. Q1: Are we allowed to do that with the Windows 10 Pro that came with the Dell computer Q2:...
  10. Where can I purchase a Volume License?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where can I purchase a Volume License?: Hi guys. I've been doing some Googling but I can't seem to find a satisfactory solution on this. After the 29th, I'd like to install Windows 10 on every computer at our small business's office (around 10 computers), so I'd like to get a Volume License if possible. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows be run in virtualbox license