Windows 10: Where can i turn off DLNA on router?

Discus and support Where can i turn off DLNA on router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everything connected to the network is showing as a media devices, i read that i need to disable DLNA. I have turned it off through my control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gremar, Nov 14, 2019.

1. gremar Win User

Where can i turn off DLNA on router?

Hi
    Everything connected to the network is showing as a media devices, i read that i need to disable DLNA. I have turned it off through my control panel on the computer but i can't find where to turn it off on the router. I have a TPlink archer vr600.
    Thank you

Where can i turn off DLNA on router? [​IMG]

:)

gremar, Nov 14, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 14, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    DLNA streaming help

what are you using to provide the dnla support on the main pc? I find the built in options lacking, I suggest trying tversity, it easily let's you pick what folders/drives are broadcast via dlna.

newtekie1, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer

"Is there another DLNA server running on the computer that I am not aware of? "
    That is Windows Media Player in Windows 10 which is the Media Server. You can have another like Serviio and others.

You don't need the Windows Media streamer turned on as illustrated, mine is actually off. But I can view and indeed play suitable Media files from My Laptop on my so-called Sony smart TVs. I suspect that it is a Media server service which comes on automatically in Windows.

Likewise I can also play Media files from the Windows Media Player rendered on the TVs.

"However I did notice that Windows Media Sharing Services is turned on automatically and is running. Can this be the reason I can play Media via DLNA from my TV?"
    I would think, yes that is the answer to that.

I don't know the details of Roku dongles. A quick look suggests that functionality can be added.

DLNA is just a rather outdated set of standards.
    DLNA Certification — SpireSpark International
    DLNA Product Search — SpireSpark International
    The 2 Sony TVs have DLNA certs, but other components don't, like the Router and Laptop. Never the less it works.

The Apps version of VLC Player fails to see the TVs, but it does see other network items like my NAS box.

Helmut, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Where can i turn off DLNA on router? - Similar Threads - Where turn off

2. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on: About 6 months ago I was being stupid messing with the Security audit log on my local device. Somehow I disabled Security audit logging and I can not find from any documentation to turn it back on. Can anyone help me?This is the properties page of the log: And this is the...
  3. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on: About 6 months ago I was being stupid messing with the Security audit log on my local device. Somehow I disabled Security audit logging and I can not find from any documentation to turn it back on. Can anyone help me?This is the properties page of the log: And this is the...
  4. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Where is the switch to turn off/on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the switch to turn off/on OneDrive?: Simple question. I hope the answer is simple. Another question in the same arena is "Is the System Tray represented by the little carrot on the Taskbar or is the System Tray something else altogether?...
  6. Where is the switch to turn off/on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the switch to turn off/on OneDrive?: Simple question. I hope the answer is simple. Another question in the same arena is "Is the System Tray represented by the little carrot on the Taskbar or is the System Tray something else altogether?...
  7. Where can I turn off autofocus for my Lifecam Cinema camera?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where can I turn off autofocus for my Lifecam Cinema camera?: Microsoft site says with Windows 10 there is no additional software to install for Lifecam Cinema USB camera. However, I cannot find where I can make adjustments to the camera, such as turning off autofocus. Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Where can I get WPS of Router from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where can I get WPS of Router from Windows 10: I want to get WPS of my Router from Windows 10. I am trying to connect my laptop to Toshiba TV wirelessly. When I setup to do that by mirroring the message asking me to input 8 digit WPS. How to get?...
  9. How can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn this off?: Hello, I bought a new Laptop recently and it had Norton. Everything was OK till the free protection I had expired, so what did I do? I unninstalled Norton. Then some days later, a Windows message appeared while I was playing a game and it said "Antivirus protection expired",...
  10. Can I Turn Off Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Turn Off Updates?: In the past week I've been inundated with updates that have nearly rendered my laptop useless for online use. It's running much slower and continuously tries to install a failing update, shutting down several times a day to do it. And can I find a way to uninstall Groove...