Windows 10: Where Can I Validate A Windows Product Key?

Discus and support Where Can I Validate A Windows Product Key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can't believe how difficult it is to simply validtae whether a Windows 10 Pro Product Key is valid and/or already in use/activated. I purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mmoo9154, Oct 18, 2019.

1. mmoo9154 Win User

Where Can I Validate A Windows Product Key?

I can't believe how difficult it is to simply validtae whether a Windows 10 Pro Product Key is valid and/or already in use/activated.

I purchased a couple of product keys. One of the techs here used one of the keys for a fresh Win10Pro install, but he did not make a note of which key he used. The box is out in the field, so it is not practical to go read the prod key fro the box directly.

It seems like there should be a page where you can enter the product key and get a response on whether it is valid and whether it is in use/activated. There is none that I can find.

So, I opened a chat at support.microsoft.com. But, that support agent said they could only support Office products. She gae me a link to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/windows/activation/

That page doesn't have a chat option, just a toll free number (800) 642 7676 where they politely asked me to charge $400 for a tech support call. (****?!? Windows 10 Pro lists at $199.99.)

So, I'm asking: Does anyone out there has a web page or a secret way to get someone at Microsoft to simply validate whether a given product key is valid and whether it has been used for a different device?

That's really not asking too much at the tail end of 2019.

Help!

-Mark

:)

mmoo9154, Oct 18, 2019

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Oct 18, 2019
  3. windows 10 says it can't validate product key

When I upgraded my windows 7 with win10, it says it cant validate my product key? Why? Can you give me the steps to follow to validate it?

aphrodite.soft, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Where Can I Validate A Windows Product Key?

product key valid?

f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid?

sebulimelimex, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Where Can I Validate A Windows Product Key?

1. Where Can I Validate A Windows Product Key? - Similar Threads - Where Validate Product

2. Where can I find product key for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find product key for windows 11?: I downloaded windows 11 education from my azure education account but didn't click the "view key" button. Now all windows versions disappeared from my listed software and I cannot find the product key to activate windows. How can I solve this problem. Thanks...
  3. validation of windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  4. Where can i buy Windows 10 product key?

Where can i buy Windows 10 product key?: My Windows 10 free license is about to expire : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-buy-windows-10-product-key/50aa9c3a-6f0b-4a5d-ad7e-b486127430a5
  5. Product key Validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key Validation: Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC...
  6. Windows product key validation

Windows product key validation: Hi, I had to replace daughters HP laptops hard drive. We have no backup or recovery disk. Purchased a HP recovery disk but it will not allow me to register Windows with MS. I was able to find a key in the BIOS. Would that be the original Windows key, and if so how do I...
  7. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  8. where can i find my product key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where can i find my product key?: Hello, I'm a HP pc user. using windows 10. I want to personalize my background of my pc but i can't because i didn't activate my windows. to activate windows, it said that need 25 digits product key. where can i find that product key? Help me, thanks....
  9. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...
  10. Where can I find the Windows Product Key?

Where can I find the Windows Product Key?: Where can I find the Windows Product Key in the computer? 65722

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i validate if a toll free numberf is a valid microsoft number