Windows 10: Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

Discus and support Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Desktop appearance has changed, and the folders are all empty. Pictures are there, but nothing else. Just completed tax return and its empty. Ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jack Carson, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

The Desktop appearance has changed, and the folders are all empty. Pictures are there, but nothing else. Just completed tax return and its empty. Ran system restore twice for date prior to update and it failed both times. Turned antivirus off second time when it ran as suggested. Computer and printer work, but all my files are gone.

:)

Jack Carson, Mar 17, 2023
  2. TC Chris Win User

Is the NoDo update on track to be released before the 15th of March as per Balmers MWC keynote?

Is the NoDo update on track to be released before the 15th of March as per Balmers MWC keynote?

TC Chris, Mar 17, 2023
  3. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 17, 2023
  4. GM&O Win User

Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

Windows Media Player won't play mpg files after March 15, 2017 update

I as well had the same issues with my Windows Media Player 12, I could not view mpg, mpeg, mpe video files, I could see mp4 ok (?). I tried renaming the msmpeg2vdec.dll file as mentioned in one of the above post and while I was able to play mpg, mpeg, mpe
    files, I could no longer see mp4 files. Very frustrating. So I undid the March 15th security update (KB4013429) as suggested in this post and
    all of the movie files now play ok. I have a trouble ticket with Micro Soft and I will explain to them tomorrow - don't know if it will cause them to help anyone or put a fix out. Please Note
    - my son got the same update on March 14th and my wife received the update on March 16th and they were unaffected - had no issues playing movies. It seems like only people that received the update on March 15th have been affected. Thank You All for the
    blog and posts.

GM&O, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

1. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update? - Similar Threads - Where did files

2. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  3. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  4. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?: The Desktop appearance has changed, and the folders are all empty. Pictures are there, but nothing else. Just completed tax return and its empty. Ran system restore twice for date prior to update and it failed both times. Turned antivirus off second time when it ran as...
  6. Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?

Where did all my files and downloads go after the March 15th update?: The Desktop appearance has changed, and the folders are all empty. Pictures are there, but nothing else. Just completed tax return and its empty. Ran system restore twice for date prior to update and it failed both times. Turned antivirus off second time when it ran as...
  7. where did all my files go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  8. where did all my files go?

where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  9. Where did my Files Go To?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my Files Go To?: I got a notification saying my OneDrive was full. Supposedly OneDrive has been syncing all my desktop files I didn't know this, thanks a ton Microsoft so I went into OneDrive and selected to stop backup of desktop files, well now all the files on my desktop are gone, and...
  10. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my files go?: Just updated to a new windows 10 build using the dvd. Installed using the keep personal files option. The complete opposite seems to have happened! My program files folder is still there. I have a windows.old folder. And a new e: but wherever I look the users folders,...