Windows 10: Where did my appdata folder go?

Discus and support Where did my appdata folder go? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows Version number 20H2 This morning I shut down Thunderbird, intending to back up its profile folder. But it had been so long since I last... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CluelessInSeatl, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Where did my appdata folder go?

Windows Version number 20H2 This morning I shut down Thunderbird, intending to back up its profile folder. But it had been so long since I last performed a back-up, I couldn't recall where the profile folder was hiding. I checked a Thunderbird help page and found this: You can...navigate directly to your profile folder at the following path: C:\Users\<Windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\ But when I looked under my user name (which is "user") there was no "AppData" folder: Can someone guide me back to my missing profile folder? Will in Seattle a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

CluelessInSeatl, Jun 17, 2021

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 17, 2021
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Where did my appdata folder go?

How do I access the appdata folder when it is not my C:\ drive?

Its a hidden folder by default. You need to enable hidden files and folders. You can navigate to it though by typing in the path or if you are logged in under the user account in question in explorer just click on the navigation bar and type %appdata% its a system variable so it will open it right up.

Solaris17, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Where did my appdata folder go?

1. Where did my appdata folder go? - Similar Threads - Where did appdata

2. Where did my Bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my Bluetooth go?: I dont have anything Bluetooth when I'm in my device manager at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-bluetooth-go/c73a03f7-6284-41b4-b5da-18c77484179e
  3. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  4. Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?: I can't get the stupid virtual assistant to get me to IT support even though I have a paid-for MS account!Anyway, here is the issue:Today, my Desktop, my Documents folder, and my Photos, etc. - all those folders are just GONE. Where the heck are they?...
  5. Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?: I can't get the stupid virtual assistant to get me to IT support even though I have a paid-for MS account!Anyway, here is the issue:Today, my Desktop, my Documents folder, and my Photos, etc. - all those folders are just GONE. Where the heck are they?...
  6. Where did my res go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my res go?: I updated my pc to find my res that I always use not there anymore submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hraczj/where_did_my_res_go/
  7. Where Did My Sketchpad Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Did My Sketchpad Go?: I ran the latest windows update on my surface and it seems that the Windows Ink Workspace is broken. I only have two options, and the sketchpad app that I use very often at work with coworkers/clients is gone. Do I need to restore and update again? Is this a known bug? Is the...
  8. Where did my backgrounds go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my backgrounds go?: For no apparent reason tonight my desktop wallpaper changed from a series of images that I have taken to a black screen. I opened the background settings to find a brand new layout staring at me. Digging through my C:\ drive I find no more trace of the backgrounds folder...
  9. Where did my contacts go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my contacts go?: I am running Office Pro Plus 2007 and went to send email tonight and all my contacts have disappeared. I looked in icloud and nothing but got this error. This set of folders cannot be opened. Can't remember how to bring a file from Notepad into here. sorry. Hope someone can...
  10. Where did my outlook go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my outlook go?: Hi all. I just restarted my PC, and now I cannot find my "outlook" program. When I hit start and search for "outlook", it just stays there searching. And in my "all apps", I can't find it either. 20705