Windows 10: WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO

Discus and support WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I went to go eat dinner and i decide to check my c drive for how much space it had on it, and it says 3 gb, which is pretty good because i never have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KING Galaxyz, Jan 13, 2021 at 7:57 PM.

1. WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO

I went to go eat dinner and i decide to check my c drive for how much space it had on it, and it says 3 gb, which is pretty good because i never have any space on my c drive and mostly all of the space leaves just like this, so i go to eat dinner which took about 15 minutes, then i come back and i look at my c drive space, and it says... 17 mb of disk space remaining. This is just insane for me, and honestly makes me want to grab my pc and make a Mr. Beast video with it where i smash it into pieces. please help.

:)

KING Galaxyz, Jan 13, 2021 at 7:57 PM
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 13, 2021 at 7:59 PM
  4. WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO

Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 13, 2021 at 7:59 PM
Thema:

WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO

1. WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO - Similar Threads - WHERE DID DISK

2. Where did my icons go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my icons go?: [ATTACH] I was moving my files to another place and when I accidentally clicked cancel at 99%..the icons don't show up for them but they function fine. Is there a fix? The other EXE files look like this too submitted by /u/markus378 [link] [comments]...
  3. Where did my res go?

Where did my res go?: I updated my pc to find my res that I always use not there anymore submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hraczj/where_did_my_res_go/
  4. Where is my disk space going?

Where is my disk space going?: Hey, This is really making me anxious. Whenever I download a big application and then proceed to delete it, a few GB of space vanishes into thin air? What's happening? Please help I'm losing it. TIA submitted by /u/DaddieWaffle [link] [comments]...
  5. Created A Recovery Drive - Where Did The Space Go ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Created A Recovery Drive - Where Did The Space Go ?: I created a Recovery Drive on an external hard drive with 1 TB capacity. After the drive was created, it shows only a capacity of 31.9 GB. Where did the rest of the space go ?...
  6. where did my memory go?

in Windows 10 Support
    where did my memory go?: I just filled up a flash drive with 23 gig of data and deleted the files. my C drive currently shows 9 gig of free space. Windows has been nagging me to do updates for a long time , so Im sure some of the memory was allocated to doing updates. But would that have been 14 gig...
  7. Where Did My Sketchpad Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Did My Sketchpad Go?: I ran the latest windows update on my surface and it seems that the Windows Ink Workspace is broken. I only have two options, and the sketchpad app that I use very often at work with coworkers/clients is gone. Do I need to restore and update again? Is this a known bug? Is the...
  8. Where did my backgrounds go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my backgrounds go?: For no apparent reason tonight my desktop wallpaper changed from a series of images that I have taken to a black screen. I opened the background settings to find a brand new layout staring at me. Digging through my C:\ drive I find no more trace of the backgrounds folder...
  9. Where did my contacts go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my contacts go?: I am running Office Pro Plus 2007 and went to send email tonight and all my contacts have disappeared. I looked in icloud and nothing but got this error. This set of folders cannot be opened. Can't remember how to bring a file from Notepad into here. sorry. Hope someone can...
  10. Where did my outlook go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my outlook go?: Hi all. I just restarted my PC, and now I cannot find my "outlook" program. When I hit start and search for "outlook", it just stays there searching. And in my "all apps", I can't find it either. 20705