Windows 10: Where did my EXE file go?

Discus and support Where did my EXE file go? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I have been trying to take sprites from a game. I found some tutorials and was going to try them out. One of them suggested decompressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rpergy, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Rpergy Win User

Where did my EXE file go?

Recently, I have been trying to take sprites from a game. I found some tutorials and was going to try them out. One of them suggested decompressing the EXE file for the game. Whenever I look for it, the file is not there. Here are the things I've tried:

1. Deleting the app and reinstalling it

2. Going to my shortcut for the game, looking at "Properties" and going to where the shortcut went to Note: The Target box was greyed out

3. Trying to repair the app from the settings

:)

Rpergy, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 27, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Where did my EXE file go?

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Where did my EXE file go?

1. Where did my EXE file go? - Similar Threads - Where did EXE

2. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  3. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  4. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. where did all my files go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  6. where did all my files go?

where did all my files go?: I am really angry with MS. Tomorrow I will sell all my shares in the company.It is outrageous what they are doing.I have attempted to turn off and disable onedrive because I do not want to back up my files on the onedrive cloud and I do not want to auto sync my files and I do...
  7. Where did the file go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  8. Where did the file go?

Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  9. Where did my Files Go To?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my Files Go To?: I got a notification saying my OneDrive was full. Supposedly OneDrive has been syncing all my desktop files I didn't know this, thanks a ton Microsoft so I went into OneDrive and selected to stop backup of desktop files, well now all the files on my desktop are gone, and...
  10. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my files go?: Just updated to a new windows 10 build using the dvd. Installed using the keep personal files option. The complete opposite seems to have happened! My program files folder is still there. I have a windows.old folder. And a new e: but wherever I look the users folders,...