Windows 10: Where did my wifi go

Discus and support Where did my wifi go in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can no longer see wifi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-wifi-go/576ca38c-dfdd-4938-a02b-0db8a78efcd5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dawn waggoner, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Where did my wifi go

Can no longer see wifi option

:)

dawn waggoner, Dec 6, 2023

2. Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router. If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter. One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Dec 6, 2023
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Where did my wifi go

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Where did my wifi go

1. Where did my wifi go - Similar Threads - Where did wifi

2. Where did my icons go???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my icons go???: I have Windows 10 Pro on my PC and I have suddenly lost all of the little icons that usually sat in the bottom right corner of my monitor. Where I used to have my volume, the icon for my music program, the Safely Remove Hardware I now have nothing but the calendar and the...
  3. Where did my wifi option go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my wifi option go?: Its forcing me to use ethernet I've Uninstalled the driver, don't even have the wifi driver, can't undo the updates as it requires wifi idk what to do I tried to call but it ended up being a scammer telling me to get a gift card for an activation key...
  4. Where did my wifi option go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my wifi option go?: Its forcing me to use ethernet I've Uninstalled the driver, don't even have the wifi driver, can't undo the updates as it requires wifi idk what to do I tried to call but it ended up being a scammer telling me to get a gift card for an activation key...
  5. Where did my Bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my Bluetooth go?: I dont have anything Bluetooth when I'm in my device manager at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-bluetooth-go/c73a03f7-6284-41b4-b5da-18c77484179e
  6. Where did my wifi go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my wifi go: Can no longer see wifi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-wifi-go/576ca38c-dfdd-4938-a02b-0db8a78efcd5
  7. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  8. Where did my res go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my res go?: I updated my pc to find my res that I always use not there anymore submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hraczj/where_did_my_res_go/
  9. Help! Where did my WiFi Driver Go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! Where did my WiFi Driver Go?: My Computer had to restart not sure why and when it did my WiFi option dissappeared. I don't have an Ethernet Cable to connect please help ! Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-where-did-my-wifi-driver-go/9cbb3384-1865-438e-854c-c13bbb11b0b1
  10. Where did my backgrounds go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my backgrounds go?: For no apparent reason tonight my desktop wallpaper changed from a series of images that I have taken to a black screen. I opened the background settings to find a brand new layout staring at me. Digging through my C:\ drive I find no more trace of the backgrounds folder...