Windows 10: Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local

Discus and support Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by UmthillionVerano, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local

had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode. So i did flag r and msconfig. Set the bootup to custom and it came up asking for the password.

10 hours later i reset the outlook email. Now online i can see the laptop so something worked. Just trying to get back to using it. New password wont work. Tried support they said wipe the disk and reinstall windows? Not a chance in ****.

I said why wont it login with new password? Said give it time and reboot often and maybe it will update, but isnt there a more deterministic way. Maybe midnite the bell will sound and the curse lifted? All options in f11 recovery need password. I make hard passwords then forget them if not used alot, any ideas? Thanks

:)

UmthillionVerano, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 18, 2019
  4. joelshort Win User

Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local

Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

I set up a new tablet with windows 10 and began with a Local account so I could choose my user name. Then I signed in with my MS account to sync settings.

When I start the tablet the login screen asks for my pin. I want to be able to automatically login without entering a pin or password. To do that I use netplwiz and uncheck the option to require a password for login. So far so good.

But when the tablet restarts I am presented with a login screen that now shows two accounts, my MS account and what appears to be a local account but with the same name. If I then reverse the process and enable the "require a password" option in netplwiz there is only one account shown on the login screen but then I have to use a pin or password.

How do I remove that second local account on the login screen and then login automatically? There is only one account listed in the user account settings page.

joelshort, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local

1. Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local - Similar Threads - Where did PIN

2. Where did bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did bluetooth go?: I recently got my PC about a month ago, it came with windows 11 and Bluetooth. Everything was working just fine until this morning. I had received an external microphone for christmas, and when I plugged it in bluetooth was gone, now I hadn't checked to see if it was there...
  3. Where did bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did bluetooth go?: I recently got my PC about a month ago, it came with windows 11 and Bluetooth. Everything was working just fine until this morning. I had received an external microphone for christmas, and when I plugged it in bluetooth was gone, now I hadn't checked to see if it was there...
  4. Where did the file go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  5. Where did the file go?

Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  6. Where did that program go?

Where did that program go?: Hello I've just discovered that all the password entried in my password program, BOX has vanished and I cant find them anywhere. The program is there yesterday. I have started using Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 17 Studio Beta 9 and that crashed yesterday but is back up without...
  7. Where did that program go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did that program go?: Hello I've just discovered that all the password entried in my password program, BOX has vanished and I cant find them anywhere. The program is there yesterday. I have started using Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 17 Studio Beta 9 and that crashed yesterday but is back up without...
  8. where did mrt go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where did mrt go: I usually type mrt into the white bar and it opens up, not any more, also the big box that came up over white box is now empty, is there another way to bring up mrt, latest update done a few days ago - - - Updated - - - found start run, that works, I still don't know why my...
  9. where did mrt go

in Windows 10 Support
    where did mrt go: I usually type mrt into the white bar and it opens up, not any more, also the big box that came up over white box is now empty, is there another way to bring up mrt, latest update done a few days ago 139902
  10. Where did "From the Web" option go?

Where did "From the Web" option go?: We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?...