Windows 10: Where did the DVD drives go

Discus and support Where did the DVD drives go in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! A strange one for me. The DVD drives do not show except on Device Manager or Disk Management. SO NO DVD Drives in File Manager. Suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by theaudioanalyst, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Where did the DVD drives go

Hello!
    A strange one for me. The DVD drives do not show except on Device Manager or Disk Management. SO NO DVD Drives in File Manager.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks and make sure that you have a great day!

:)

theaudioanalyst, Jan 24, 2016

2. my dvd/cd rom drive is gone?!?!? where did it go???

hi,

I just updated my HP pc to windows 10 about a week ago and everything was fine...but now i started my laptop and went to start a game in witch depends on the dvd/cd rom drive and it said the dvd/cd rom drive was not found ... when i opened the start
    menu and clicked computer it opened how it should but did't show dvd/cd rom dive with my game disk inside. i have no idea as to what might have caused this to happen but it needs to be fixed so please help me out here.

thanks ,

\ jacob

jacob rice57, Jan 24, 2016
  3. my dvd/cd rom drive is gone?!?!? where did it go???

Hi, I have the same problem. I have followed the instructions above and found the correct subkey. however, I do not have one with a default value of DVD/CD ROM. It says value not set. The class value is CDROM, but I do not have any upper or lower filters
    on this subkey. There is one a little further down the list that once again has no value set in the Default box, in the class box it says disk drive, and this subkey does have upper and lower filters. at a bit of a loss at the moment.

johnringwood-788, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Where did the DVD drives go

File Manager = Windows 3.x

Frequently an ODD/Optical Disc Drive won't show in File Explorer until a disc has been loaded.

Berton, Jan 24, 2016
  5. I understand but they do show up as drives on five other Windows 10 machines. All are x64 bit!

theaudioanalyst, Jan 25, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I'm having the same problem on my wife's laptop. It is a tsstcorp DVD RW on that laptop and google searching shows lots of problems with that brand and Windows 10. Insert a disk, select the properties for the drive in device manager and look at the volumes and it says (erroneously) no media inserted. Can't get Windows 10 to recognize there is a disc (data or DVD) inserted in the drive. Sorry I don't have a solution, but that's what my problem is - and probably yours - Windows 10 not recognizing a disc is inserted.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Where did the DVD drives go

1. Where did the DVD drives go - Similar Threads - Where did DVD

2. Where did bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did bluetooth go?: I recently got my PC about a month ago, it came with windows 11 and Bluetooth. Everything was working just fine until this morning. I had received an external microphone for christmas, and when I plugged it in bluetooth was gone, now I hadn't checked to see if it was there...
  3. Where did bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did bluetooth go?: I recently got my PC about a month ago, it came with windows 11 and Bluetooth. Everything was working just fine until this morning. I had received an external microphone for christmas, and when I plugged it in bluetooth was gone, now I hadn't checked to see if it was there...
  4. Where did the file go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  5. Where did the file go?

Where did the file go?: I've given up on trying to get OneDrive to work again. Someone from Microsoft told me to uninstall OneDrive. Now, when i click on that folder at the bottom of the screen, there is no OneDrive file, and the biggest file of all, one that is very important to me, is missing. It...
  6. Where did my external drives go?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where did my external drives go?: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro that was installed on August 24 when I bought the computer. I have 3 external drives: one 80 gb and 2 one terabyte. I have had no problem with any of the drives but yesterday one of the terabytes was no longer there and today...
  7. Where did that program go?

Where did that program go?: Hello I've just discovered that all the password entried in my password program, BOX has vanished and I cant find them anywhere. The program is there yesterday. I have started using Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 17 Studio Beta 9 and that crashed yesterday but is back up without...
  8. Where did that program go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did that program go?: Hello I've just discovered that all the password entried in my password program, BOX has vanished and I cant find them anywhere. The program is there yesterday. I have started using Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 17 Studio Beta 9 and that crashed yesterday but is back up without...
  9. Created A Recovery Drive - Where Did The Space Go ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Created A Recovery Drive - Where Did The Space Go ?: I created a Recovery Drive on an external hard drive with 1 TB capacity. After the drive was created, it shows only a capacity of 31.9 GB. Where did the rest of the space go ?...
  10. where did mrt go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where did mrt go: I usually type mrt into the white bar and it opens up, not any more, also the big box that came up over white box is now empty, is there another way to bring up mrt, latest update done a few days ago - - - Updated - - - found start run, that works, I still don't know why my...