Windows 10: Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go?

Discus and support Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It used to be that you could right-click on an Icon, click Properties>Customize>Change Icon and select a new icon image for a given folder. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by B. Parker, Jul 10, 2020.

1. B. Parker Win User

Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go?

It used to be that you could right-click on an Icon, click Properties>Customize>Change Icon and select a new icon image for a given folder.

That option no longer appears under the Customize sub-menu for some Folder, but it does for others.

What's up with that and how do I change the Icon image for these other folders?

:)

B. Parker, Jul 10, 2020

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Jul 10, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go? - Similar Threads - Where did option

2. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  3. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  4. Where did my icons go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my icons go?: Alright, So yesterday all of my icons had a logo or something, I woke up today and they're all gone exepct for a frew, They look like a bunch of papers., First image is pre-change and second image is post change. i did switch monitors[IMG][ATTACH]...
  5. Where did my icons go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my icons go?: [ATTACH] I was moving my files to another place and when I accidentally clicked cancel at 99%..the icons don't show up for them but they function fine. Is there a fix? The other EXE files look like this too submitted by /u/markus378 [link] [comments]...
  6. Retrofukation Icon Set - Where did it go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retrofukation Icon Set - Where did it go?: Years ago on deviantart there was an icon set for unix and windows systems called Retrofukation. There are tons of links to the icon set everywhere but the links are dead or you have to download the icons one at a time which will take a lot of time. Could someone help me find...
  7. Where did the shape of native option go ?

Where did the shape of native option go ?: In previous version of Windows, I had the ability to change shape of native digits, but in update 1903, that option has gone, as well as when to the option to set when to use the native digits. I was able to change the native digits, but required me to make modification in...
  8. Where did my battery icon go?

Where did my battery icon go?: For the last two weeks, the little battery icon on my taskbar has been gone. I waited until I updated my computer to see if it was fixed in the new version. Unfortunately it was not. I looked up how to fix it and everything said to just turn it on in the taskbar settings,...
  9. where did the battery icon go?

where did the battery icon go?: where did the battery life icon go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/where-did-the-battery-icon-go/cdfe66f4-e4b2-426e-b8e1-208ffb4f1679
  10. Where did "From the Web" option go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did "From the Web" option go?: We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?...