Windows 10: Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

Discus and support Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ascl99667, Oct 16, 2021.

1. ascl99667 Win User

Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the System Cooling Policy option is missing, where did it go?where can i see what is my current system cooling policy setting?

:)

ascl99667, Oct 16, 2021

2. Power Options: Edit Plan Settings & Advanced Settings - Restore Power Plan Defaults Not Working

swanTight

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that suggestion did not resolve the issue.

The option to "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options is still not available and the "Restore Plan Defaults" button on the advanced settings screen is still grayed out.

Thank You

Jamie Grau, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Missing Advanced Power Options

Appreciate the advice however I've already added the aforementioned missing options but under "advanced options" are still another 7 to 10 that are missing...off the top of my head they are key DP control, link management, adaptive display, USB suspend, pic Express, wireless adapter

ridonctonc, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

After the last two updates, cooling fan runs non-stop!

Hi Spruce,

To resolve the issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Go to Control Panel ► All Control Panel Items ► Power Options.

2. Click change plan settings.

3. Click change advanced power settings.

4. Scroll down, expand processor power management.

5. Then, expand system cooling policy and change both to passive.

6. Then, reboot.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

1. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings? - Similar Threads - Where did System

2. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?: In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the System Cooling Policy option is missing, where did it go?where can i see what is my current system cooling policy setting?...
  3. Where did processor power management go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did processor power management go?: Processor power management is missing (along with several other things) from the Advanced Settings under Power Options in Windows 10. It was there at the start of the year, but it's gone now. CsEnabled is also gone from registry, so that can't be used to restore it. What...
  4. Advanced power plan options reduced - Solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced power plan options reduced - Solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Agumon_mon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqmhq1/advanced_power_plan_options_reduced_solution/
  5. Cant change advanced power plan options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change advanced power plan options: I want to change the advanced settings for my power plan in windows 10 but they have taken away most of the options. I have tried to add them back with the regedit fix but the csenabled key isnt there anymore. Anyone with a fix please help. I am running the latest version of...
  6. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  7. Where did "From the Web" option go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did "From the Web" option go?: We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?...
  8. Power Options Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options Plan: Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as balanced. What will happen and how will that power plan will effect? I am asking in balanced I feel my pc sluggish. but in high...
  9. Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?: Prior to the Build 1703 "upgrade", my Power Options > Advanced Settings had many more settings, for example, maximum CPA power levels, and graphics utilization. They are gone now, and only items such as "close lid" and "power button", brightness settings, remain. The new...
  10. Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "System cooling policy" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify an active or passive cooling mode for the system. System Cooling Policy...