Windows 10: Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

Discus and support Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ascl99667, Oct 16, 2021.

1. ascl99667 Win User

Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the System Cooling Policy option is missing, where did it go?where can i see what is my current system cooling policy setting?

:)

ascl99667, Oct 16, 2021

2. Power Options: Edit Plan Settings & Advanced Settings - Restore Power Plan Defaults Not Working

swanTight

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that suggestion did not resolve the issue.

The option to "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options is still not available and the "Restore Plan Defaults" button on the advanced settings screen is still grayed out.

Thank You

Jamie Grau, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Missing Advanced Power Options

Appreciate the advice however I've already added the aforementioned missing options but under "advanced options" are still another 7 to 10 that are missing...off the top of my head they are key DP control, link management, adaptive display, USB suspend, pic Express, wireless adapter

ridonctonc, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

After the last two updates, cooling fan runs non-stop!

Hi Spruce,

To resolve the issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Go to Control Panel ► All Control Panel Items ► Power Options.

2. Click change plan settings.

3. Click change advanced power settings.

4. Scroll down, expand processor power management.

5. Then, expand system cooling policy and change both to passive.

6. Then, reboot.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

1. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings? - Similar Threads - Where did System

2. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  3. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  4. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  5. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  6. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?: In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the System Cooling Policy option is missing, where did it go?where can i see what is my current system cooling policy setting?...
  7. Advanced power plan options reduced - Solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced power plan options reduced - Solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Agumon_mon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqmhq1/advanced_power_plan_options_reduced_solution/
  8. Cant change advanced power plan options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change advanced power plan options: I want to change the advanced settings for my power plan in windows 10 but they have taken away most of the options. I have tried to add them back with the regedit fix but the csenabled key isnt there anymore. Anyone with a fix please help. I am running the latest version of...
  9. Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?: Prior to the Build 1703 "upgrade", my Power Options > Advanced Settings had many more settings, for example, maximum CPA power levels, and graphics utilization. They are gone now, and only items such as "close lid" and "power button", brightness settings, remain. The new...
  10. Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "System cooling policy" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify an active or passive cooling mode for the system. System Cooling Policy...