Windows 10: Where did this random "work or school" account come from?

Discus and support Where did this random "work or school" account come from? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I created this account yesterday for the first time and I was greeted with a prompt that said I had two Microsoft accounts using the same email, one is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vojin Predovic, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Where did this random "work or school" account come from?

I created this account yesterday for the first time and I was greeted with a prompt that said I had two Microsoft accounts using the same email, one is my personal account and the other a work or school account created by my IT department. This is my personal email and I have no knowledge of ever using it for work or school and I'm confused because I created this account very recently and I also do NOT have an active subscription to office 365 and I never did. I also managed to log into the work or school account but I got a message that said "access denied". Does anyone know what is causing this work or school account to appear and how I can remove it? I included an image as well. Where did this random "work or school" account come from? b4f978f0-cefc-4404-bab5-087f63671d75?upload=true.png Where did this random "work or school" account come from? dfee5e4b-a34a-4e52-86cd-d32105e7f078?upload=true.png

:)

Vojin Predovic, Jul 5, 2020

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Notification about work or school account whenever I start windows

Recently I have been getting the following notification whenever I log in to windows 10:

However, when I go there (or search for solutions online) I tend to end up with a step where I need to log into the specific account.

However, it is not my account but of someone who used my laptop recently, and who I don't want to bother with this.

I have full rights to my laptop, and am looking for a way to get rid of the notification.

Dennis Jaheruddin, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Where did this random "work or school" account come from?

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Where did this random "work or school" account come from?

1. Where did this random "work or school" account come from? - Similar Threads - Where did random

2. Where did this come from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did this come from?: Where did this filecome from?? I never used Remote Desktop Connection before... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-this-come-from/7ce9a3b4-82e7-4e23-a474-22a12e16839a
  3. Where did this come from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did this come from?: Where did this filecome from?? I never used Remote Desktop Connection before... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-this-come-from/7ce9a3b4-82e7-4e23-a474-22a12e16839a
  4. Random Downloads. Where are they coming from, and where are they going?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Downloads. Where are they coming from, and where are they going?: Hi, can anyone help an issue I am having?When I first turn on my laptop I keep reciving notifications from my antivirus saying a file is being downloaded under a name of e36-68a-5743s2-as2 etc, or something similar. The antivirus is detecting nothing suspecious in the...
  5. Where did this account come from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did this account come from?: I have noticed it showing up once in a while, but it seemed to vanish when I tried to do anything with it. could it have been restored from an old very old account from my past? I don't remember it but that could be the case. if so, this may be the root of some of the...
  6. Where did this account come from?

Where did this account come from?: I have noticed it showing up once in a while, but it seemed to vanish when I tried to do anything with it. could it have been restored from an old very old account from my past? I don't remember it but that could be the case. if so, this may be the root of some of the...
  7. Where did this account come from?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Where did these updates come from?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did these updates come from?: https://i.imgur.com/olD6NCv.png Says I installed them today, but I for sure didn't. The one ending in 82, I apparently installed on the 12/8 but in the control panel it says 14/9 and I can't find the other one in my history. submitted by /u/kAEDwf [link] [comments]...
  9. What are these icons and where did they come from?

What are these icons and where did they come from?: What are these icons and where did they come from? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this/cf0a6271-25ed-41a9-af6a-98253a7e93eb
  10. Where the H did this come from?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where the H did this come from?: My computer had gone to sleep for a couple of hours. When I brought it up again and looked at my desktop, a Homegroup icon now appears on it. I cannot delete or move it. I don't have a Homegroup. Where did this come from? There were no updates processed recently. In fact I...