Where did this thing in Settings app come from?

Discus and support Where did this thing in Settings app come from? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I noticed that there was a new video on the right side of the screen in Windows Update, above "What's New". This wasn't there yesterday. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trashbag, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM.

1. trashbag Win User

Today I noticed that there was a new video on the right side of the screen in Windows Update, above "What's New". This wasn't there yesterday. I haven't gotten any updates since last month, so why did this pop up all of a sudden?

https://i.imgur.com/Pzbe3oY.png

I know that there are other similar videos in Settings, such as in Notifications & Actions under System, but I still dunno why this one just appeared out of nowhere. I have pretty much everything in ContentDeliveryManager disabled as well.

:)

2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Thema:

1. Where did this thing in Settings app come from? - Similar Threads - Where did thing

2. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  3. Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21: gIiZhNyA9lI Inside Xbox kicks off one of the world’s largest video game shows with a live broadcast direct from Cologne, Germany on Tuesday, August 21 at 7:30 a.m. PDT/10:30 a.m. EDT on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Our gamescom content will include the...
  4. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?: Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day. Thanks in advance ;)...
  5. Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

Camera app isn't saving to C: drive: I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam. The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos (or videos) to the C: drive but will save to other drives (recovery and USB etc.) when I adjust the drive to which photos...
  6. cant open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open settings: cant open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-open-settings/998f170f-1086-48ea-955e-200d89fd2e24
  7. Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?: It looks like I am going to need to reset my desktop PC to it's original factory settings, due to a serious infection, which I cannot resolve by any other means. The PC came with Windows 8 installed, and I got the free upgrade to Windows 10 in the usual way. As the system...
  8. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted: why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-my-new-computers-screen-jump-from-large/51cd3fb1-f41e-45fa-b057-ba8e0c8c415d
  9. Where to check a system supported frequency of a R.A.M. ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to check a system supported frequency of a R.A.M. ?: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-to-check-a-system-supported-frequency-of-a/944ed807-c2b3-4695-8cbc-73a814041f59
  10. Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc

Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc: Note: tried to do what someone recommended in previous posts on command prompt but nothing came of it Basically I started getting this problem two days ago. Every time I started up my pc, it would boot normally until a black screen with an infinite loading cursor symbol...