Windows 10: Where did this thing in Settings app come from?

Discus and support Where did this thing in Settings app come from? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I noticed that there was a new video on the right side of the screen in Windows Update, above "What's New". This wasn't there yesterday. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trashbag, Aug 10, 2018.

1. trashbag Win User

Where did this thing in Settings app come from?

Today I noticed that there was a new video on the right side of the screen in Windows Update, above "What's New". This wasn't there yesterday. I haven't gotten any updates since last month, so why did this pop up all of a sudden?

https://i.imgur.com/Pzbe3oY.png

I know that there are other similar videos in Settings, such as in Notifications & Actions under System, but I still dunno why this one just appeared out of nowhere. I have pretty much everything in ContentDeliveryManager disabled as well.

:)

trashbag, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Where did this thing in Settings app come from? - Similar Threads - Where did thing

2. Where did this come from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did this come from?: Where did this filecome from?? I never used Remote Desktop Connection before... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-this-come-from/7ce9a3b4-82e7-4e23-a474-22a12e16839a
  3. Where did this come from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did this come from?: Where did this filecome from?? I never used Remote Desktop Connection before... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-this-come-from/7ce9a3b4-82e7-4e23-a474-22a12e16839a
  4. Where Did My Computer Damages Come From?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where Did My Computer Damages Come From?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,You might be asking how on earth do i get weird computer damages ?.I can thank in fully trusting your W.D./M.D. antivirus from 2022 and before that,has always not even noticed something nasty going in without pressing any buttons or by asking for...
  5. Where did this account come from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did this account come from?: I have noticed it showing up once in a while, but it seemed to vanish when I tried to do anything with it. could it have been restored from an old very old account from my past? I don't remember it but that could be the case. if so, this may be the root of some of the...
  6. Where did this account come from?

Where did this account come from?: I have noticed it showing up once in a while, but it seemed to vanish when I tried to do anything with it. could it have been restored from an old very old account from my past? I don't remember it but that could be the case. if so, this may be the root of some of the...
  7. Where did this account come from?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Where did these updates come from?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did these updates come from?: https://i.imgur.com/olD6NCv.png Says I installed them today, but I for sure didn't. The one ending in 82, I apparently installed on the 12/8 but in the control panel it says 14/9 and I can't find the other one in my history. submitted by /u/kAEDwf [link] [comments]...
  9. What are these icons and where did they come from?

What are these icons and where did they come from?: What are these icons and where did they come from? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this/cf0a6271-25ed-41a9-af6a-98253a7e93eb
  10. Where the H did this come from?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where the H did this come from?: My computer had gone to sleep for a couple of hours. When I brought it up again and looked at my desktop, a Homegroup icon now appears on it. I cannot delete or move it. I don't have a Homegroup. Where did this come from? There were no updates processed recently. In fact I...