Windows 10: Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

Discus and support Where do deleted favorites from Edge go? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In IE, deleted favorites ended up in the Recycle bin from where you could get rid of them for good. Now that I am using Edge I don't see the deleted... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cpera, Jan 18, 2016.

1. cpera Win User

Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

In IE, deleted favorites ended up in the Recycle bin from where you could get rid of them for good. Now that I am using Edge I don't see the deleted favorites in the recycle bin. Where are they? Taking room in an unseen file?
    Does anyone know?

Was this question too hard or too trivial that nobody bothered to answer?

:)

cpera, Jan 18, 2016

2. Edge not reading the Favorites folder after Feb 9 2016 update

I installed the February update a few hours ago, but it seems to have messed with the favorites list in Edge. I was running windows 10 prior to the update, all my favorites from IE were imported to Edge a long time ago, and I've since added more favorites
    to Edge, so this is not an issue of importing them from IE.

At first I thought my favorites were deleted. According to other questions about this, the favorites are supposed to be stored in
    %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

However, it turns out that all my favorites are still in that location, but Edge isn't recognizing most of them for some reason (it is reading the favorites bar and one other folder - but nothing else). If I try to add a new favorite via the star icon within
    Edge itself, then it appears in the favorites list but it is not saved to the default favorites folder. Similarly, adding something to the default favorites folder does not add it to the favorites list within Edge. So it would appear that the Edge favorites list
    and the default favorites folder are desynced.

I'm guessing that Edge is reading the favorites from some other location, and I figure that copying my old favorites to there should fix the issue. However, how do I find out where that is? Or if my guess is wrong, then how do I fix this?

RobertFilkin, Jan 18, 2016
  3. SDW1031 Win User
    Favorites Bar

I ran across this post as I am trying to find out how to delete specific links from my Edge Favorites Bar.

While the first poster did not reply to your response it does not seem to answer the question of deleting items from the Favorites Bar. Your reply simply turns off the whole Favorites Bar when the specific question was "How do you delete items from the favorites
    bar in the new WIndows 10?"

I have had the same issue as the first poster. I cannot delete a specific single site from my Favorites Bar.

While I can right click on the icon/link in the Hub-Favorites Bar folder or even on the Bar itself, when I click Remove nothing happens at all.

As a note, I CAN delete any other Favorites I have on Edge, I just CANNOT Remove (delete) any of the ones in my Favorites Bar.

When I go to C: drive Users Favorites - Favorites Bar folder what shows are the IE11 favorites not my Edge favorites (and Favorites Bar) which have changed in the 5 weeks or so that I have had Win10.

I am also interested to know why in your response above, if someone just wanted to not show the Favorites Bar, you must turn it off in both Edge and IE11. Are Edge and IE11 intimately linked together? (Note: I have been able to delete the link from my Favorites
    Bar on IE11 just not from Edge.)

SDW1031, Jan 18, 2016
Thema:

Where do deleted favorites from Edge go?

1. Where do deleted favorites from Edge go? - Similar Threads - Where deleted favorites

2. Where did my favorites go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my favorites go?: Where did my favorites go? I have all these pics tagged as favorites but they don't show up in the album anymore. What happened??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-favorites-go/e8f99a9a-33e9-463c-b311-9e502852b205
  3. How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge: I want to delete some websites that I have saved to my favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-favorites-from-microsoft-edge/35b7fc41-d161-41a8-ad91-586a21a76b31
  4. Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge: I been trying to delete all the favorites out of microsoft edge at one time. This does not seem possible. Seems like a good browser but I am tired of messing with the favorites. I would think that all the technology you guys you could make this a simple task. I don't...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. Delete all favorites from Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Delete all favorites from Edge?: I did a big cleanup of all my Favorites in IE11, then deleted all my Favorites/Bookmarks in Chrome and Firefox and re-imported them from IE11 to make sure everything is up-to-date, at least on my primary Windows machine. I'd like to do the same in Edge but I can't find an...
  7. Where are Edge Favorites stored ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are Edge Favorites stored ?: I was able to import them for ie to edge but I am not sure if there are stored on the hard drive or some place else. I liked in ie that you could edit favorites directly in the folder structured. I would like to edit edge so it uses the favorites folder instead of where it...
  8. Where is Edge Favorites stored again?

in Browsers and Email
    Where is Edge Favorites stored again?: I used to know this, but I don't remember anymore. 81515
  9. Where Does Edge Store Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Where Does Edge Store Favorites: Where Does Edge Store Favorites. James 34442
  10. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where deleted favorites go on edge

2. where do deleted favorites go in edge

3. do deleted favorite link go to recycle bin

4. where do deleted favorites from edge go,
  5. undo favorite delete edge,
  6. microsoft edge where do deleted favorites go,
  7. where are the deleted favorites going to,
  8. where do edge favorites go when deleted,
  9. when deleted where the favorite goes,
  10. where do deleted favorites go windows 10,
  11. where do my deleted favorites go on windows 10,