Windows 10: Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it

Discus and support Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just want to know what network location I should send it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Woodard, May 25, 2024.

1. Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it

I just want to know what network location I should send it to

:)

Daniel Woodard, May 25, 2024

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, May 25, 2024
  3. Network credentials work from phone but not laptop

Hello TerryReagan,

Thank you for providing us with this information.

The following are the suggested methods to troubleshoot Network Credential issues:

METHOD 1: Clear Credentials from Windows Credential Manager

Windows Credential Manager is where Windows username and password are stored including network credentials, websites, and apps.

1. In your Windows 11 laptop, go to Windows Search box.
    2. Type "Credential Manager" and hit Enter.
    3. Click on "Windows Credentials".
    4. Look for your desktop name and remove credentials.
    5. Restart and check if you can now access your desktop.
    METHOD 2: Add the credentials in Credentials Manager

If the above step did not work or your desktop credential is not listed, you can try adding it manually.

1. Go to Windows Search box.
    2. Type "Credential Manager" and hit Enter.
    3. Click on Windows Credentials > Add Windows Credentials.
    4. Enter the username and password of the computer that you want to access.
    5. Click OK and restart your computer.
    6. Check if you can now login.
    METHOD 3: Disable Credential Manager Service automatic Startup

1. On your keyboard, press Windows key + R.
    2. In the Run dialog box, type services.msc.
    3. Scroll and locate the Credential Manager service.
    4. In the properties window, click the drop-down on the Startup type and select Disabled.
    5. Click Apply > OK to save changes.
    6. Restart your computer and check if you can now login.
    METHOD 4: Set IP address to automatic

1. On your keyboard, press Windows key + R.
    2. In the Run dialog box, type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter.
    3. Right-click on the network connection you are using and click on Properties.
    4. Double-click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option to edit properties.
    5. Click General tab, make sure the radio button is set to Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
    METHOD 5: Change Network Profile to Private

1. Go to Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Click your network adapter.
    2. Under Network profile, if Public is selected, change it to Private.
    3. Restart your computer and check if you can now login.
    Also, make sure both devices are connected to the same network.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Mara May M, May 25, 2024
  4. Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it

Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it

1. Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it - Similar Threads - Where backup laptop's

2. Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I backup my laptop's network credentials so that I can reboot it: I just want to know what network location I should send it to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-backup-my-laptops-network-credentials/30551b2b-0e38-4c4c-bf68-d2d30f5472ef
  3. Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?: I got a prompt upon restarting my computer saying it's time to back up my files. I hit continue so I could say no to everything, since my only other options was "remind me in 3 days." Problem is, it only asked me if I wanted to connect to Windows from my phone, did some...
  4. Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?: I got a prompt upon restarting my computer saying it's time to back up my files. I hit continue so I could say no to everything, since my only other options was "remind me in 3 days." Problem is, it only asked me if I wanted to connect to Windows from my phone, did some...
  5. Where did my PC backup to, is it on the cloud, and if so how can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. What and where are network credentials??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What and where are network credentials??: This should be such a simple thing, but Microsoft has a dozen answers and none of them help. I want to, I used to be able to, access one computer from another, only within my home, not anywhere else at least for now-probably forever. I finally got it so I can see other...
  7. So where is my backup?

So where is my backup?: Windows could not find a backup for this computer. so where is my backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-where-is-my-backup/d850fa30-38a4-42f7-8848-b3a257cf3d6c
  8. CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER ON ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?

CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER ON ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?: CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER TO ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-backup-my-computer-on-one-driveand-if-so-how/e187a458-484b-49d7-aa89-997b648bfac2
  9. Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?: Poking around my computer trying to figure this out. submitted by /u/horr1fyinq [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/harond/can_scvhostexe_backup_files_if_so_where_can_i/
  10. where to find network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where to find network credentials: Where can Network Credentials be found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-network-credentials/c554bd65-b60d-4ff6-8abf-3d0684123ad1