Windows 10: Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE

Discus and support Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update is absolutely appalling. There are myriad adjectives to describe it. Annoying, maddening, terrible, nefarious, ...sinister. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonnySmallhands, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE

Windows Update is absolutely appalling. There are myriad adjectives to describe it.

Annoying, maddening, terrible, nefarious, ...sinister.

How do I PERMANENTLY DISABLE it. I'm using a non activated version of windows 10.

Also, may I just say that it is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that you should make it impossible to deactivate, that it uses my bandwidth to redistribute itself like a virus to other computers, without asking me, without telling me, that it will often reset all your privacy settings everytime it updates. Oh, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop restarting my f****** computer without asking me, or installing updates on restart WITHOUT ASKING ME. I have things to do, and your stupid, buggy, broken updates get in the way of my work.

:)

JonnySmallhands, Dec 20, 2018

2. Windows 8 Haters Club. For anyone who hates Windows 8.

Description:
    • For anyone who hates Windows 8. A single post here is all that's needed to become a member.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Hate Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Dec 20, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 20, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE

1. Where do I complain? I HATE WINDOWS UPDATE - Similar Threads - Where complain HATE

2. I hate the Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate the Windows 11 update: Holy **** I am regretting doing this update and now it is too late for me to go back. Every single time they update anything, all of the customizations that I have done disappear and I have to re-do them all over again. My old files are hard to find and when I copy past them...
  3. I hate the Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hate the Windows 11 update: Holy **** I am regretting doing this update and now it is too late for me to go back. Every single time they update anything, all of the customizations that I have done disappear and I have to re-do them all over again. My old files are hard to find and when I copy past them...
  4. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate this . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.One thing, that's very annoying!There's, a big box. That slides out,from the right side.Covering half, of my screen.It has the temperature, and local news.I have to wait, a little while.To get it to, slide back.Is there a way, to...
  5. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.One thing, that's very annoying!There's, a big box. That slides out,from the right side.Covering half, of my screen.It has the temperature, and local news.I have to wait, a little while.To get it to, slide back.Is there a way, to...
  6. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I hate windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I hate windows update: Please, let your users decide how and when we want to run windows update !!!!!!The actual way is a pain in the ****.2 or 3 times a week it makes my PC slow, very slow for about 2, 3 hours.it was much better when once a week, on late night weekends i could let my PC running...
  8. I HATE WINDOWS Hiding Transferred files, Where are THEY ????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I HATE WINDOWS Hiding Transferred files, Where are THEY ????: I Transfer some IMPORTANT files to an Internal Drive because I bought a new Main SSD drive to be the C Drive for Windows, I switch to that drive and was able to install Windows and my programs, I am a Designer. When I try to access the Folder files I transferred to Second...
  9. HOW DO I STOP MOUSE SCROLLING? WHERE IS THE SCROLLING FLAG? I Hate WIN 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I STOP MOUSE SCROLLING? WHERE IS THE SCROLLING FLAG? I Hate WIN 10: HOW DO I STOP PAGE SCROLLING? CAN'T FIND SCROLLING FLAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-mouse-scrolling-where-is-the/d46e8bd8-f8ae-46db-80ae-231bc9b9024e
  10. Who do I complain to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Who do I complain to?: I was trying to find another browser, but I think Microsoft has altered Windows 10 to make sure that no other browser besides Edge will work. I can no longer use Chrome. Opera acts up. And Opera Neon doesn't work at all. I don't like Firefox. I want to complain to...