Windows 10: Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11?

Discus and support Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In short I tried to change the name that appeared when I turned on my computer without changing the account using netplwiz and now if I want to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Lai_5, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11?

In short I tried to change the name that appeared when I turned on my computer without changing the account using netplwiz and now if I want to do literally anything pertaining to changing apps or files on my computer I need to enter the admin username and password. I tried searching up ways but that requires me to change my privileges to admin. But since I'm trying to restore admin privileges I'm not an admin. This is the only account on my computer and I don't know what to do. I can install files, app installers, and delete files, but I can't use the installer to install the actual app itsel

:)

John Lai_5, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

3. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz.
    I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run Netplwiz again and change my account from administrator into user. I restart my PC again and it still the same (I
    need to sign in). I want to run Netplwiz again but I can't because there's a notification pop up saying that I need to enter admin username and password. I even can't change my account type in contol panel because i'm not the administrator.
    Please help me to return my account as administrator again :'(

I beg you :'(

I can't use a lot of fitures because i'm not an administrator :'(

Aisyah Amanah, Feb 19, 2023
  4. Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11?

How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't
    work. Then I run Netplwiz again and change my account from administrator into user. I restart my PC again and it still the same (I need to sign in). I want to run Netplwiz again but I can't because there's a notification pop up saying that I need to enter
    admin username and password. I even can't change my account type in contol panel because i'm not the administrator. Please help me to return my account as administrator again.

I beg you

I can't use a lot of fitures because i'm not an administrator

SamuelGreen1, Feb 19, 2023
Thema:

Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11?

1. Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Where enter administrator

2. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  3. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  4. Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11?

Where do I enter the administrator username and password on Windows 11?: In short I tried to change the name that appeared when I turned on my computer without changing the account using netplwiz and now if I want to do literally anything pertaining to changing apps or files on my computer I need to enter the admin username and password. I tried...
  5. Cannot enter admin username & password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  6. Cannot enter admin username & password

Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  7. Administration username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administration username and password: Hi, I bought an desktop computer from yard sale. When I got home and turned it on I found it was said wayfair on startup screen and asking for administration username and password. I can't get around it. I called the person I bought it from and she said the computer belonged...
  8. "To continue, enter an admin username and password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password": Recently this will pop up with a grayed out "yes" option on my computer when I do almost anything. I've had this computer for 5+ years and suddenly I've lost Administrator permissions. How to fix? (When it first happened, it was fixed when i restarted my laptop. Now that...
  9. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...
  10. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...