Windows 10: where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

Discus and support where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohanVan der MerweXN, May 22, 2019.

1. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

:)

JohanVan der MerweXN, May 22, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

WIndows Spotlight Picture struck in one picture

Hi Alok,

There are various reasons why Windows Spotlight wallpaper is not changing or fetching a new wallpaper from Bing.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting Windows Spotlight preference by following the steps below:

• Create a system restore point.
    • Once done, press Windows key + I to open Settings..
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock Screen.
    • Under Background option, select Picture.
    • Set a picture as a default lock screen background.
    • Locate to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<characters>\Settings.

Note: Make sure to unhide all hidden folders on Windows 10.
    • In this folder, delete these: roaming.lock and settings.dat.
    • Repeat steps 2-4.
    • Under Background option, select Windows spotlight.
    • See if the issue will persist.

If the issue still persist, re-register Windows Spotlight:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type powershell.
    • Select Windows PowerShell.
    • On the PowerShell window, type: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    • Press Enter.
    • See if your wallpaper will change.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 22, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 22, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 - Similar Threads - where find information

2. How to find and save Spotlight pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find and save Spotlight pictures?: I want to save Windows 11 Spotlight pictures that show up in Background and Lock Screen. When I go to the Windows file: Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets, the folder is empty. Where are the Lock Screen/Background images stored if they are not in...
  3. Windows Spotlight No Longer offering information about image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight No Longer offering information about image: Hi. I have Windows spotlight as my log on image. Until recently It would offer me the chance to read about where that image was in the world. I seem to have lost that functionality as now I only see the image prior to log on and no option to find out about it anywhere. Do I...
  4. Where do I find this Windows 10 picture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where do I find this Windows 10 picture?: Saw this on someone's windows 10 background, but can't find it on the internet Would appreciate if someone can tell me where can I find it submitted by /u/Chelister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixi2rm/where_do_i_find_this_windows_10_picture/
  5. where do i find my computer information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i find my computer information: where do i all information about my pc e.g. which processor etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-computer-information/f19cc64e-cc3c-44a6-a723-ede1d5ee1d46
  6. How/where do I find my downloaded information?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How/where do I find my downloaded information?: Where/how do I find my downloads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/howwhere-do-i-find-my-downloaded-information/8aa04507-d717-48b4-8eb4-05379ddea57c"
  7. where can I find out more information about permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where can I find out more information about permissions: I need more knowledge about permissions and how to find and edit them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-out-more-information-about/7dc96cb9-d816-4bce-9826-c6f8594c7d51"
  8. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10: where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 ***Moved from Windows 10 / Performance & system failures*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-information-about-the-spotlight/61da6700-2812-4768-8353-d731ead03cc4
  9. Where do I find my account picture?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where do I find my account picture?: Please note that this problem has been solved. I can't figure out how to change the prefix to "Solved" so I am editing the question with this paragraph. Can anyone tell me where Windows puts my account photograph? I'm talking about the one that appears on my Windows login...
  10. Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10: How to: Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 How to Get More Information about a Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images...