Windows 10: Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender

Discus and support Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lindnerpark, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender

Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender

:)

lindnerpark, Sep 15, 2020

2. Removing Quarantined Items in Windows Defender

Windows Defender quarantined some harmful items but did not remove them from my pc. Windows Defender did not request removal. Should I just leave the items quarantined or remove them myself? If removal is recommended, how am I to go about

doing so, as Windows Defender did not list the items in the Detect section where threats are placed for removal?

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

donniecovington, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Hi,

As per the description of the issue, you would like to know how to restore files that has been quarantined by Windows Defender. For us to assist you, here's a simple guide on how to see where the quarantined files are located:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Place a check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable
      Allow item
    • Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Click on view details.
    • In the description, it will show you the file path where it is located.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Buelly Win User

How do I see (hidden) quarantined items?

Windows Defender is hiding any items that might be quarantined.

Windows Defender states, "To help protect user privacy, these items are hidden. Click view details to view the items."

The items are still hidden and states that items can only be seen by the administrator. Concerned that a virus may be hiding any items that may be quarantined or detected. Currently running Windows Defender scan and Microsoft Safety Scanner. Computer is
    running at a high level. Shouldn't Windows Defender reveal the list of items? If so, any suggestions for correcting the issue? Thank you very much.

[Original title: Virus and Malware]

Buelly, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Where do i find quarantined items in windows defender - Similar Threads - Where find quarantined

2. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  3. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  4. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  6. quarantined items

quarantined items: How do I delete quarantined items. Windows Defender does not list them or offer a way to remove them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quarantined-items/d8fd7a87-e19d-41fc-bf67-2435b0e7d6b8
  7. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  8. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  9. where is the quarantine

where is the quarantine: where is the quarantine folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/where-is-the-quarantine/e6017d29-e572-4396-bca8-8041d910a33e
  10. Where is Defender setting to Quarantine - in Win 1703

Where is Defender setting to Quarantine - in Win 1703: In Windows 1607 Windows Defender had a way to set how to handle detections and I could set two bottom lines to Quarantine rather than Recommended setting, which probably meant delete. In Windows 1703 - I cannot find where such setting is made. I think I looked through every...