Windows 10: where do I find the network sharing password?

Discus and support where do I find the network sharing password? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; where do I find the network sharing password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryLeth1, Dec 17, 2018.

1. where do I find the network sharing password?

where do I find the network sharing password?

:)

JerryLeth1, Dec 17, 2018
  2. woodson2 Win User

Can't copy/move to network shares from VISTA

Hi, I created a password for my local VISTA account with the same password that I use for to get to the network shares...no dice...Any other suggestions??

woodson2, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 intermittently prompts for network credentials

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community..

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Window Key, and type Network and sharing

• Click on Change Advanced sharing settings

• Select all network

• Under Home Group connections

• Select Use user Account and Password to connect to other computer

• If don’t want the password follow the steps below

• Select all network

• Under password protected Sharing

• Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 share always asks for password

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to know;

• Do you have any other user account or is the issue specific to your user account?
    • Are you able to share after password ?
    Since you have already tried the logical troubleshooting, I would suggest you to make change in the group policy and check the issue. Refer the link below:

Note: The link is for Windows 7 however the same steps has been tested on Windows 10.

Refer Shaon Shan's suggestion:

Network Sharing Failure: Password Protection off still require password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. where do I find the network sharing password? - Similar Threads - where find network

2. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...
  3. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...
  4. how do i find network credentials username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find network credentials username and password: I am trying to set up my desktop and laptop to see each other. But when I click on the icon for either, I am asked for the network credentials. I thought I knew them but nothing I enter works. How do i find out what they are?...
  5. where do I find passwords manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do I find passwords manager: my passwords are not coming up. I am not seeing any drop down for my password. How can I access my saved passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-passwords-manager/75c50d0d-ab47-44f5-9832-682e18c893d4
  6. where do I find passwords manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do I find passwords manager: my passwords are not coming up. I am not seeing any drop down for my password. How can I access my saved passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-passwords-manager/75c50d0d-ab47-44f5-9832-682e18c893d4
  7. where do i find my wi-fi password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i find my wi-fi password?: where do i find my current wi-fi password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-wi-fi-password/c8d697d2-ae13-48d1-a733-919f4161db3f
  8. Where do I find my Network Security Key?

Where do I find my Network Security Key?: Where do I find my Network Security Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-network-security-key/c794b513-e735-45e1-a096-4dc84d22a7c9
  9. Where to find login credentials for network folder sharing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to find login credentials for network folder sharing.: Hey guys. So I'm trying to acess a folder on my pc from gfs pc like in the good old days. I always get the login wrong no matter where i change it. Ive changed every windows credential i could find in the manager and it still doest work. What specific path holds the info for...
  10. where to find network credentials

where to find network credentials: Where can Network Credentials be found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-network-credentials/c554bd65-b60d-4ff6-8abf-3d0684123ad1