Windows 10: Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

Discus and support Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I just took an old Windows 10 laptop out of closet and it required a new setup of sorts. I noticed that it asked if I wanted my apps to be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

Hello,I just took an old Windows 10 laptop out of closet and it required a new setup of sorts. I noticed that it asked if I wanted my apps to be able to access, and be accessed by, other computers in the vicinity. I think I pressed "no" but can't remember, and I can't find that page-setting again. Where do I go to set up controls for such WiFi access? I still want my old laptop to sync with my newer Windows 11 laptop as both are under the same Microsoft account, so I'm assuming that that'll happen regardless of how I set up "connections" between my old laptop and other computers in the WiFi vi

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Dec 3, 2022
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Wifi/Device Manager/Settings/Control Panel Stop Working Until reboot

hTG08IZ1g9k

So, this happens about every twenty minutes while using my PC, I can leave it alone for hours and come back and it will be fine then happen soon after.

The system apps like device manager/Settings/Control panel stop working and have problems and I cannot connect to the wifi.

checklist of things I've tried/know
    • Wifi adapter is on max performance
    • SFC, no problems
    • Drives are healthy
    • Activated windows
    • Multiple scans with Mbam
    • WIFI is working on my other laptops

Jcorella17, Dec 3, 2022
  4. angus Win User

Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

1. Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi - Similar Threads - Where find settings

2. Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi: Hello,I just took an old Windows 10 laptop out of closet and it required a new setup of sorts. I noticed that it asked if I wanted my apps to be able to access, and be accessed by, other computers in the vicinity. I think I pressed "no" but can't remember, and I can't find...
  3. Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi: Hello,I just took an old Windows 10 laptop out of closet and it required a new setup of sorts. I noticed that it asked if I wanted my apps to be able to access, and be accessed by, other computers in the vicinity. I think I pressed "no" but can't remember, and I can't find...
  4. where i can find worpad in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where i can find worpad in my laptop: i cann't find wordpad in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-find-worpad-in-my-laptop/7f70700a-57d4-45a9-8b92-d0c84ef806fb
  5. where i can find worpad in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where i can find worpad in my laptop: i cann't find wordpad in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-find-worpad-in-my-laptop/7f70700a-57d4-45a9-8b92-d0c84ef806fb
  6. where i can find worpad in my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can not find wifi option in my laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not find wifi option in my laptop.: Hi Dear, In my settings, Wifi is missing from the Network & Internet menu.When i connect it with cable it just goes on but does not show the option to see the signal coming form wifi router....
  8. Where do i find the settings button

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where do i find the settings button: I need to change my pin and it directs me to settings/ accounts/ sign in options but I dont know where to look for this! help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-settings-button/be42344d-d680-4226-848e-e6abbfabc396
  9. Where can i find a wifi code listed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can i find a wifi code listed?: I forgot it ands its for my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-a-wifi-code-listed/9868022a-07ce-4309-9998-47249a078b45
  10. Where do I find my BIOS setting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where do I find my BIOS setting?: Where do I find my BIOS setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-bios-setting/d3de7538-ea5b-48ce-814c-a391625175c3