Windows 10: Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

Discus and support Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johnnie Dillard, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

:)

Johnnie Dillard, Mar 2, 2020

2. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

regardless if you push the manual button or turn it on in the modem/router settings, The OP wants to connect the printer, which means a simple retrieve the PIN CODE on the UNIT and enter it.

There is no more to do.

All I ever do is turn on WPS and connect a PC or printer and enter the PIN# in the discovered items list. The same list you find it and enter the encryption key from the network taskbar tray icon.

I never had to mess with any printer itself to connect WPS. Hmmmmm.

Certified_Friend, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    HP Printer asking for WPS PIN

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are asked for WPS PIN while setting up the printer. Let me help you with the details. However, we would like to know the version of Windows that you are using. To check type:
    winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
    Enter.

Ideally, you will get a prompt for WPS PIN if the Wi-Fi direct option is enabled on the printer. As you do not want to connect the printer using Wi-Fi, I would suggest you to disable the Wi-Fi direct option. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

• If your printer has a touchscreen, touch the
      Wi-Fi Direct
      icon to view the status. If the status is on, touch the
      Settings
      icon to turn it off.
    • If your printer has a 2-line LCD display, go to
      Network
      menu, select Wi-Fi Direct, and then select
      Wi-Fi Direct On/Off
      . Use the arrow buttons to turn it off.

Once you have done this, you will be able to setup the printer.

However, you can download the drivers for the printer from
    HP ENVY 5000 All-in-One Printer series
    and install them. Check the Recommended section to download and install the drivers.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    HP Printers - USB Printer Setup (Windows)
    to setup the printer using USB.

In case you wish to setup the printer wirelessly, you can refer the article on

An 'Enter WPS PIN' Message Displays During Printer Setup

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

WPS PIN for printer installation

I don't think you read my post clearly.

The printer IS on the wifi network.

Windows is STILL asking for a WPS PIN.

The printer DOES NOT HAVE A WPS PIN. This is not an option. It doesn't exist. Yes, I've printed the network info from the printer. No such animal.

I need WINDOWS to stop asking for a number that doesn't exist!

Bizzy Schorr, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

1. Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer? - Similar Threads - Where find WPS

2. WPS PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WPS PIN: I am trying to connect by new printer, model SL-M2030W, but when I tried to connect to it with the printer settings on Windows 11, it askes for a WPS pin. But, I have connected the USB cable. It has a wifi direct setting but it does not have any screens or so....
  3. I need to find WPS Pin to add a printer where do I find it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to find WPS Pin to add a printer where do I find it: I Need to find my printer and it is asking for WPS Pin where do I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-find-wps-pin-to-add-a-printer-where-do-i/920b99de-0838-4bd4-b37f-c5c6be0ce0dc
  4. Where can I find my WPS Pin, for my Hp envy pro printer 6455 ?

Where can I find my WPS Pin, for my Hp envy pro printer 6455 ?: Where can I find my WPS Pin for my HP Envy Pro Printer 6455 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-my-wps-pin-for-my-hp-envy-pro/04961bcd-c578-4ed1-b51b-1e93e511711b
  5. where do I find my pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where do I find my pin: where do I find my pin so I can log in to my 365 account and use the software I have paid for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-pin/6c62fe46-bf1b-4190-ba24-1b011081d244
  6. WPS PIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WPS PIN: How can I find the WPS PIN in the Samsung xpress printer c1810w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wps-pin/ed1f4820-1251-4fd6-a4bd-6f0a3e47c231
  7. WPS Pin on Dell Printer

WPS Pin on Dell Printer: I am trying to find the WPS Pin on my Dell Printer E310dw. I set it up before with their support team. However the warranty ran out and I am not paying for another printer {second time already}, or an extended warranty. I got a new modem and ran into this problem. Any...
  8. WPS PIN for printer installation

WPS PIN for printer installation: My canon pixma mx492 worked just fine for well over a year, but today suddenly won't connect. In my various troubleshooting I uninstalled the printer and then rebooted everything to reinstall it. The reboot of the computer involved a Windows 10 update. After this reboot an...
  9. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

WPS Pin needed for HP printer: WPS Pin needed for HP Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wps-pin-needed-for-hp-printer/fc447867-a3fe-487a-b8af-b6194df38234
  10. Where do I find my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my PIN?: Where do I find my PIN? I never knew I had one and need it for a couple Microsoft apps...….. Thank You madee10 [Original Title: PIN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/where-do-i-find-my-pin/cbd8d73b-c43d-4d83-b6fa-274ce7696127"