Windows 10: Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?

Discus and support Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a mod for Geometry Dash called Mega Hack V7. While this sounds sketchy, I can assure you it is more quality-of-life stuff than anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eli Bauer, May 3, 2022.

1. Eli Bauer Win User

Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?

I downloaded a mod for Geometry Dash called Mega Hack V7. While this sounds sketchy, I can assure you it is more quality-of-life stuff than anything. It needs the file MSVCR100.dll. I've installed many versions of Visual Studio C++ Especially trying the 2010 version, but none seem to appear in task manager and the message still stays. I've updated everything possible, and I don't know what to do. Where may I get this file?

:)

Eli Bauer, May 3, 2022
  2. Kroltan Win User

MSVCR100.dll missing, but it is present

First of all, I have downloaded the runtimes suggested in the following answers:

Which are basically the same, but indicating different versions of the Visual C++ runtime. I tried all combinations of all versions of both 32 and 64 bit runtimes.

This is not a duplicate of either because the problem still ocurrs.

I have recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a new drive, but when trying to run some programs from the old drive, I get "DLL missing" errors for MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll.

My first instinct was installing the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable, but this had no avail. After checking out the answers above, I found later versions of it, but the result was the same. The DLLs were appropriately placed by the installers in the SysWOW64 and System32 folders, yet the programs fail to detect them.

The programs in question are Steam (which despite the errors, still works, except for game updates) and CEMU (which doesn't open at all). I also hear the Windows "error sound" when turning off / restarting the computer, presumably due to those "missing" DLLs.

UPDATE

Even placing the DLLs directly beside the program and running it still causes errors.

Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing? oCGb7.png

Kroltan, May 3, 2022
  3. getting MSVCR100.dll missing error message.

Question

• Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing? [​IMG]

Applies to

31 views getting MSVCR100.dll missing error message.

RI

asked on

• Insider

getting a MSVCR100.dll missing message. How do I correct this?

Your suggestions for downloading isn't working at all. I'm still getting the MSVCR100.dll missing error message. This is extremely frustrating and I need help

RickMazzola, May 3, 2022
  4. Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?

Missing MSVCR100.dll when launching Sim City

I am currently having a problem with my MSVCR100.dll when I am trying to run simcity.It says"The program can't run because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.". So I do what the other support forms
    say to do and NOTHING changes

MSVCR100.dll Is not working after doing support forms suggestions- Original Title

Craig Milne, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?

1. Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing? - Similar Threads - Where MSVCR100 dll

2. Missing MSVCR100.DLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing MSVCR100.DLL: Hello all,While I'm trying to install program I get this message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I have tried all possible solutions on the internet and youtube. Reinstalling seeems...
  3. Missing MSVCR100.DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing MSVCR100.DLL: Hello all,While I'm trying to install program I get this message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I have tried all possible solutions on the internet and youtube. Reinstalling seeems...
  4. Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?: I downloaded a mod for Geometry Dash called Mega Hack V7. While this sounds sketchy, I can assure you it is more quality-of-life stuff than anything. It needs the file MSVCR100.dll. I've installed many versions of Visual Studio C++ Especially trying the 2010 version, but none...
  5. Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I get MSVCR100.dll and why is it missing?: I downloaded a mod for Geometry Dash called Mega Hack V7. While this sounds sketchy, I can assure you it is more quality-of-life stuff than anything. It needs the file MSVCR100.dll. I've installed many versions of Visual Studio C++ Especially trying the 2010 version, but none...
  6. MSVCR100.dll missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCR100.dll missing: Hello can someone please help me.I just installed counter strike source but when I launched the game it said MSVCR100.dll is missing. Can someone tell me what this is and how can I get it??...
  7. missing msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    missing msvcr100.dll: why is msvcr100.dll missing and how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-msvcr100dll/a9fb2f07-417f-4a54-a1c8-1af38586f951
  8. missing files MSVCR100.dll

missing files MSVCR100.dll: Hello I get this message missing files MSVCR100.dll and I have tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 with no luck. I cannot see to find the resolution for this missing file. Please help...
  9. Msvcr100.dll issue

Msvcr100.dll issue: Recenty i got a little problem with my vcredist Everytime i try to play my games (PointBlank.exe), the game won't run if my SysWOW64 folder has msvcr100.dll in it (and there's no error message appear on my screen", just like forced to close). but if i remove the...
  10. msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..

in Windows 10 Support
    msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..: win10. A new install, two days old. I have an app complaining it can't run because it can't find msvcr100.dll but a file utility shows it is there and cmd >path shows the folder it is in is in the path. How could this be? [img] [img] [img] 130791