Windows 10: Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor?

Discus and support Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr. Kelley M.Weldin1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor?

Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor?

:)

Mr. Kelley M.Weldin1, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 19, 2020
  3. my screen keep auto dimming?????

in 2020 why dose my screen keep auto dimming?????

michaelholden4, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor?

Windows 10 Photos dims desktop monitor

When I click on a file in Photos that has a small amount of white area, the monitor dims after about 4 seconds, taking about 4 seconds to reach almost black. If I change the focus by the back arrow or changing to another program on the taskbar, it returns
    to full brightness. Another application, TeamViewer 11, does the same thing when I connect to a remote computer. Changing the focus restores the display to full brightness. This began about January 23. Any suggestions on stopping this?

Further study shows this is controlled by the amount of white space in the view. Below about 15% of the monitor area, it dims. If I scroll to a larger image, it brightens, providing that image is fully bright. Even a large image with a black background will
    fade or remain faded. TeamViewer does the same thing: if I view a dark remote desktop, it fades; if I start a remote program with a bright image, it does not fade or rebrightens.

LyleStephens, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor?

1. Where do I stop auto-dimming of monitor? - Similar Threads - Where stop auto

2. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  3. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  6. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Stop Dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Dimming: Just a wee reminder which applies to both Win10 AND Win11. To stop dimming when a having an Admin Approval prompt for a desired Action:Put Change User Account Control Settings in Search & move the slider down one position.Cheers,Drew...
  8. Disable auto-dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable auto-dimming: My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't touch my keyboard or mouse for just a couple of seconds, my display will dim. I've tried going to the power options to...
  9. How do I stop screen dimming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop screen dimming?: I thought I disabled all options but it seems like it's still dimming the screen based on what's on screen. When I am looking at mostly dark image, and then switch to a light page/image, I can see it's slowing getting brighter, and then dimming again when I open dark...
  10. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...