Windows 10: Where do microsoft store downloads end up?

Discus and support Where do microsoft store downloads end up? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to do some spring cleaning on my computer and i'm moving around some files to free up more space on my C drive. I'm trying to locate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MilesD13, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MilesD13 Win User

Where do microsoft store downloads end up?

I'm trying to do some spring cleaning on my computer and i'm moving around some files to free up more space on my C drive. I'm trying to locate the program files for a few games I have downloaded through the microsoft store, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I have tried going through users, and program files and have come up with nothing both times. There isn't anything on the app page that lets me change the download locations, or at least, nothing i could find.

:)

MilesD13, Jun 11, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Where do microsoft store downloads end up?

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Where do microsoft store downloads end up?

1. Where do microsoft store downloads end up? - Similar Threads - Where microsoft store

2. where is the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the microsoft store: how do i install apps on windows 11? specifically the windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-microsoft-store/7af336d9-3d46-4942-808d-59aabec0a0b0
  3. where is the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is the microsoft store: how do i install apps on windows 11? specifically the windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-microsoft-store/7af336d9-3d46-4942-808d-59aabec0a0b0
  4. Where do microsoft store games download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do microsoft store games download?: I cannot locate a game I downloaded from the Microsoft Store Sniper fury. I search everywhere I knew. I googled and it appears this is not a new issue. Most people had no solution.It was a 3.5 gigabyte file. Where is it?...
  5. Where do microsoft store games download?

Where do microsoft store games download?: I cannot locate a game I downloaded from the Microsoft Store Sniper fury. I search everywhere I knew. I googled and it appears this is not a new issue. Most people had no solution.It was a 3.5 gigabyte file. Where is it?...
  6. Where is the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Microsoft Store?: I just got a new PC and when I started it up Microsoft Store was not on the PC anywhere. I've looked in all apps and I've tried running the script. How do i get Microsoft store onto my computer?...
  7. Where is the Microsoft Store?

Where is the Microsoft Store?: I just got a new PC and when I started it up Microsoft Store was not on the PC anywhere. I've looked in all apps and I've tried running the script. How do i get Microsoft store onto my computer?...
  8. Where are the themes downloaded from Microsoft store stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the themes downloaded from Microsoft store stored?: I just downloaded the pride 2020 wallpapers slideshow and I wanted to know the location of the folder in which it is installed. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-themes-downloaded-from-microsoft/c42bbee0-00be-4759-9c45-c69fcac40524
  9. Microsoft store downloads end in error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store downloads end in error: Ok i am running windows 10 pro version 18363.657 windows is up to date. I’ve updated the MS Store app. rebooted my PC. tried wsreset.exe and waited for the store to open. I go to “all owened” and click the retry installation button the round arrow. i get Starting...
  10. Microsoft store won't download Microsoft To-Do.

Microsoft store won't download Microsoft To-Do.: Hi guys, So I started using the online version of To-Do late last year, and love it, but couldn't download the app as my laptop was too old (Win7), recently upgraded to Win10, but it still won't download, no error, it just says "Still Waiting 4.64 MB" and nothing moves,...